Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Sao Rafael
2 Posts
That's where we had a coffee and made the decision that we had to buy a holiday home in the Algarve rather than the Costa Brava. The beach did it for us - deep blue sky, turquoise sea, white crashing waves and fine pale sand with hardly a soul on it. Aaah - can't wait to get back there! :love2

We go to Sao Rafael beach a lot and have had drinks and ice creams from the cafe but never had a meal so can't tell you what the food's like. Like all the beach bars, it's very smart and new in the last few years. The locals tend to resent them, preferring the older traditional ones that were pulled down and replaced, but for tourists they are very good - modern, clean and well kept.

I've heard good reports about the beach restaurant at Castelo (a little further along to the west), but we've only ever had a tosta mista there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.