Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
No problem at the Phoenix.
safety deposit boxes are in the managers office, you have one key and the desk has the master key. two of you open together and then they leave you to get whatever you want out , locking is done by yourself and you return master key to reception.
deposit is required when you get the key, can remember exactly but i think around £10 per week and this is refunded when you return key. So as far as I remember you don't actually pay anything for the box. MIGHT be wrong about the last bit!
whilst on the subject of padlocks, some hotel bedrooms are locked by a hasp and padlock system but not at the Phoenix, normal door locks there, also we left stuff lying around and nothing was taken
Don't worry, the phoenix is a good choice, the only reason we are not using it this time is because it wasn't available with First choice when we booked.
del 949
del is right. Its £30 to hire the box but you get it back when you hand the key back in.
Thanks you two for the help - good forum this one.

I can now plan what currency and money I will be taking, knowing that it will be safe.

McGroogle 8)
just take £ and change it at the elephant shop on the corner, only change what you need for 2 days though as its loads of notes. I changed £20 a day and it got us through
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.