Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi....just back at 3am this morning from Sharm!

I did the Cairo trip last year, not with Thompson though, but they are mostly all the same.

Leave Sharm 6am - toilets in airport and plane
Museum of Egypt - Quite good toilets and facilities
Trips on the Nile can be very different from a small boat with no facilities to to a larger boats with very basic facilities. Our cruise lasted about 1/2 an hour.
Lunch at Hard Rock Cafe - Excellent toilets
Pyramids - Dodgy toilets if you find them!
Papyrus factory - quite good facilities
Flight home leaves Cario roughly at 7-8pm, with you getting back to your hotels around 10pm.

Hope this helps
Hi,

We went in Feb with Portland (which is Thompson) and had every intention of finding a cheaper trip with someone else, but as it was our first time and only there for a week we decided to pay the extra and book during our welcome meeting, rather than spend time shopping around. We could have saved about £30-40 each but not sure what we would have got. Try Longwood holidays website you don't have to have booked a holiday with them to go on thier trips. I will say though that it was worth every penny we paid.

The times for our trip and info are the same more or less as the last post, we were picked up at 4.30am from our hotel. Flew at 6.30am to Cairo. Went to the Citadel first to see Mohammed Ali's Mosque, after there we stopped at a papyrus paintings shop (thank God there was a loo in there!) then to the pyramids. Had lunch on a boat on the Nile, then to the Cairo museum. We got back to hotel about 9.30pm.

WARNING!!!! Whatever you do Oh my God don't use the loos at internal arrivals at Cairo airport it is a hole in the floor the most disgusting thing I have ever seen!!!

Thompsons do another trip, stars and supper. You go out into the desert in Bedouin tents have supper and then stargaze through telescopes. That was fantastic and I really recommend that.
Hi everyone and thanks for the replies.

Joeuk, you said you went with Thomson, did you eat full board on the nile, if so what food was offered and was the boat very big. Also was there a toilet. My mum is on medication so frequently has to go.

Thanks
Michelle.
Hiya,

On the boat it was a buffet meal with lots of choice, we had to pay for drinks but they weren't over expensive, and yes there was a loo. The buffet meal had lots of choice with salads etc but for me were the the pud's I have the sweetest tooth ever.
EgyptAir will be launching a new regional subsidiary this summer (EgyptAir Express) which will allow for very frequent flights between Cairo and Sharm El Sheikh/Hurgada/Luxor/Aswan. The airline also organises tours http://www.karnak-egypt.com/
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.