Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
:cry: hi ya just got back on 19/03/07 right where do i start
if you are self catering you will be ok the bungalows are ok bathrooms very clean well our was and we were number 74 you will be going in the summer season so your room maybe to hot last week it was cold during the night and you needed a blanket on the bed there is a holiday world just across the road ok if you have kids you would be better paying 3 euros and heading into yambo in a cab there is plenty of bars and place to eat and shop the only down side it is the gay area :oops: and you will see it but we are straight and enjoy the area.
Back to the hotel if you are all inc as we were we were disappointed the food was boring you sit on plastic chairs not much choice we ate out after the first night and only ate breakfast there.
There is only one bar in the hotel which only serve drinks from 11am to 11pm the description said pool bar yes it near the pool but up some stair and if their are wet watch yourself the staff don,t speak a lot of english and the guest are mostly german there are very rude and seemed to get better treatment all the signs are not in english.
The pool was ok but not as big as it looks and very deep with only a small area where i could touch the ground and im 5foot 3 the night life in the hotel was really bad you need to go out but when you have payed for it you feel you have been done you cannot play music and there don,t either when we came away lots of people were complaining because the all inc stop at 12 on your last day and some people had kids and did,nt have early flight and had to go out for food and drink luckly we left in the morning so it did not bother us if you have booked transport from the airport that is better we did but you will be better paying 30 euros to a cab to get back to the airport as the coach run late and there was a big queue at the checking desk and then a big queue for passport control we had to run for the plane and did,nt get any duty free or food,
Sorry for sound of but we have just returned so it fresh in my mind :( but at the end of the day each of us are different so go open minded but the rest will do you good let me know what you think when you get back
regards
jacqui :(
Thanks Jacqui,

We will go open-minded, we are really only looking for somewhere cheap and cheerfull thats warm with a pool, so hopefully we should be ok.

thanks again

Hazel
Hi All,

Hotel Sonora Golf - Maspalomas, Gran Canaria (2*)

Just in case anyone is watching this thread with a view to booking!!

I will post a comprehensive hotel review soon, but for now, the hotel was dirty, with loads of insects (inside as well as outside the rooms) and rooms were not cleaned regularly; food was boring, tended towards the Germanic style and was quite often inedible (and we are not fussy eaters, quite the contrary); staff were surly and unpleasant for the most part; the kids pool is 0.7m deep all round and around 4m across and the larger pool is from 1.4m - 2.8m deep and around 15m across, so kids can't go in unless they are competent swimmers; the entertainment is practically non-existant, 2 nights a week on average lasting around 30 minutes each time, music is played at the bar area at night, but they only had 3 CD's, one German, one Spanish and one English, and the english one only had about 4 songs on it.

The hotel is being promoted as 3* superior or 4* by some internet companies, but is definately graded as 2 keys by the local tourist board.

Finally, all the british families we spoke to while there were unhappy with the standard and quality of thier whole holiday.

not somewhere I would ever return to. :cry:

Hazel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.