Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
sorrento
6 Posts
Here are Thomas Cook prices from October 2008. I guess Thoson prices would be the same.
Pompei (half day) €32.50
Pompei & Vesuvius €44.00
Vesuvius (half day) €29.00
Capri & Anacapri €69.00

There are additional entrance fees etc, which were given as -
Pompei €11
Vesuvius €6.50
Blue Grotto €21

Best wishes
Peter.
i went to pompei on the train and it cost 3 euros if i remember rightly for a return . and the cost of getting in was as the abive post.
the train stops right outside pompei, so you wont get lost. but do take lost of water with you as its very big..
Hi- you are going to a beautiful place! I would recommend doing the vesuvius excursion if you are up for the climb- it's not too strenuous, and can be done independently, but you may be tired after it, and appreciate a coach ride straight back to the hotel! We found Pompeii very easy to do independently, but you may want the more in depth knowledge of a guide. We also did Capri ourselves as we weren't really interested in the boat ride to the blue grotto. Boats leave from Sorrento harbour about 10 am.
You can also get a ferry to Amalfi that usually stops at Positano. The open top bus ride around the peninsula was also good- you see some very scenic views of the area. It leaves from near the station. These sites have some information
http://www.sorrentotourism.com/eng/guide/transportations.html
http://www.metrodelmare.com/
have a good holiday,
kate
Sorrento is one of my favourite parts of Italy, its truly amazing.

In terms of excursions, it really depends on what type of traveller you are. If you are the adventurous type and you like going off and doing your own thing, I would save your money and do the excursion yourself as they are not cheap. However, if you prefer to be with others the excursions are good and well organised.
did you enjoy it???????
was we helpfull..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.