Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
they say the water is ok to drink but we always used bottled for our drinking.we used the tap for brushing our teeth and had no problems.
As seahunt says, tap water is generally safe, but can have a rather unpleasant mineral taste - I always stick to bottled water for drinking (7 litres @ 1.5 leva or 10 litres @ 1.90 leva from the shop in my village).

Baldur
we noticed a mineral taste with the bottled water as well,but not to bad
You must have bought bottled mineral water. You can get plain bottled water that doesn't taste funny at all.

Peter
Ive drank water from a few public taps/fountains without any probs, and have no hesitation about drinking water from any of the taps in the hotels/bars.
Hi Poxicator,

That's fair enough, but some people get stomach upsets through drinking tap water merely because it's different to what they are used to at home.

This is why it's a good idea to get bottled water which is less likely to cause upsets I think. In addition, it depends where you are. In some places the tap water does have a distinctly mineral flavour.

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.