Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Tenerife 5th Jan
18 Posts
Liz

Weather in Jan is pretty much the same. Hot and sunny with the odd overcast morning/afternoon and a cardi at night.

Have fun

Regards Jackie
hey, I find myself in the same situation (though don't have timeshare) We have some friends with an apartment so will be going on 5th January too.

Cannot wait. We did manage two seperate two week hols in 2006, and this will hopefully be the first of several in 2007

Yippee and roll on 5th January
where do you want 'to fly from?

just had a look and it seems you can get flights for under £100
Yes ,Chris I have seen some flights for around £85-£90, its cos the kids have "just" gone back to school, which is handy :D
All booked, flying out at 7am on Jan 5th from Gatwick.
Staying once again at Island Village, did a timeshare exchange, we like the appartments as they are very spacious, and the location suits us as we like the walk up that very steep hill, lol, joke but we like the Carvery, Roys, Bill Baileys, Tonis bar and love to walk down to the Slow Boat.
Any other suggestions, may try Verdis, Blue Marlin as we didnt get round to them at Easter.
Cant wait, xmas will make it arrive quickly as we are all so busy with it arnt we.
we like the Blue Marlin. Good foot, reasonable prices, and a superb view of the beach and stuff. WE love to watch the people walking by in the evening

excellent
Hi
I will be in Tenerife on the 6 January and I seem to remember that Spanish people use this day as the one for exchanging gifts. Will this mean that public and taxi transport will be different on that day? Also is there any public celebration for 12th Night/The Feast of the three Kings and if so where might that take place? I will be staying in the Fanabe area. :D
3 Kings day is on the 6th Jan and is a Spanish bank holiday. This means that the 7th will be one in lieu of the 6th falling on a Sunday.

You may not have as many staff on duty in the hotels but other than that its Business as normal. Taxi's will still be running and more available than at our Xmas celebration day. The resort of Fanabe will be a lot quieter than this last week or so. And if you walk down to Del Duque on the night of the 6th you are sure to see a firework display or 6 8)
Is Del Duque the beach near The Blue Marlin?
Are the resturants open as normal, eg The blue Marlin on that night?
No, Playa Del Duque is quite a way (probably 30-40 minutes walk)

Hope the Blue Marlin is open, we love it!
AndrewL

It most certainly is. We returned on the 30th and ate there a few times including their wicked breakfast.

Have fun

Regards Jackie
Oooh, didnt know they did breakfast at the BM, what was the weather like?
Does anyone know where abouts the firework display on Playa Del Duque area is and what time it may be. We have 'heard' them in the past, but never seen them

two more sleeps to go
We went from 15-30th Dec. The weather was pretty good on the whole. Had a couple of windy days and a couple of overcast days but no tropical storms or rain like we had last year, We all came back with a lovely tan. Our last day was absolutely scorching so hopefully the cloud and wind has disappeared.

Sorry can't help with the Del Duque firework display regarding exact location but as long as you are along the front somewhere you will not miss them. Last year we were on Fanabe beach front for New Year and we could see several displays from there.

Hope this helps and have a great time.

Regards Jackie
Thanks, sounds good, do you know what time it is? We are staying in Fanabe and will need to take a cab to Playa del Duque. I guess it will be late evening?

Am so looking forward to a break in the warmth. We've never seen a good firework display, though we have heard them

A
And if you walk down to Del Duque on the night of the 6th you are sure to see a firework display or 6

The Three Kings Parade (Los Reyes Magos) where the three kings bring their presents, which is followed by a firework display always takes place on the evening of the 5th Jan throughout every place in Spain, approx (7pm ish)..not the 6th...the 6th is a bank holiday and a quiet day, the equivalent to our Christmas Day.

Sanji
Sanji
Thank you for your information on the Three Kings Parade. It sounds like it will be an interesting event. In the Fanabe/Adeje area do you know if the Parade is likely to be centred around a Church or is it likely to finish up round a Crib somewhere - do you know what is the usual practice? MyraLock
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.