Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Tennis in Palma
5 Posts
not sure exactly but the tennis courts i visited near Marineland i could just turn up adn its a sports centre so if the courts were busy would get a jiuce and sit on the veranda and i use this place every year as they have facilities for the kids as well and its right on the sea front beautiful it is
The place that wLondon refers to is near Portal Nous, and it's on the main bus route from Palma to Palma Nova / Magalluf / Santa Ponsa - maybe 45 mins by Bus.

I'm not aware of any courts in Palma, but I understand there is a very good club in Paguera, with an LTA Coach in residence. Paguera is also reachable by Bus, although it's maybe twice as far. If you search for Tennis Club Paguera then I'm sure you'll find details there.
Thanks to you both for those replys. I have now found a club "Mallorca tennis Club" that has 5 courts. 15 euro an hour, public are permitted and no dress code. They say it is advisable to book. On the map it appears to be approx 3 street behind the Costa Azul hotel
The tennis club near Marineland is called Sporting Tennis and it has 7 or 8 courts. I am playing there this morning. They may have members but I don't know any. This is probably the most "turn up and play" of the clubs, however there are many and all allow none members. Courts range from 12 to 15 euros. There is quite a large municipal centre in Magaluf - on the same road as Goodfellowa but about 600 metres further inland. The courts are all first class.

On dress code Mallorca is very relaxed. The only very strictly enforced code regards shoes. As most of the courts are clay deeply treaded training shoes are very frowned upon simply because they cut up the courts badly. Clay court tennis shoes have very amny small ridges and grooves to give grip when required, allowing sliding and not damage the surface. Old fashioned pumps are great - you are supposed to slide on clay!!

You can almost always get courts in high season at "mad dogs and englishmen" times of day!! i.e. the locals don't tend to play much from 11.00 am until 4.00 pm - it's too hot. The odd hour during that period can be great fun though.

Tennis is generally great here for people of all ages and abilities. If you need coaches they typically add about 25 euros per hour to the cost of the court and whilst my coach is due to have her baby in May, I would be happy to put you in touch with others that we've used in the past if you want.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.