Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Short / Mid Haul IFE Listing for March / April 2010:

Outbound Movies:
The Invention of Lying
and/or
Fantastic Mr Fox

Inbound Movies:
The Blind Side
and/or
Alvin and the Chipmonks: The Squeakquel

Outbound Tv:
My Family, Oz and James Drink to Britain, The Simpsons, Lead Balloon, Angelina Ballerina, Top Gear

Inbound Tv:
Creature Comforts USA, Come Dive with Me, The Batman, Hannah Montana, Piers Morgan In ... Dubai, Roary The Racing Car

Music (Channels 3-12)
Fast Track, Indie, Judge Jules, Classical, Jazz Moods, RnB, Chillout, Legend, Kidzone, Take it Easy

Darren
Welcome back Darren hope you had a great holiday :offtop

Angie.
Angie34 wrote:
Welcome back Darren hope you had a great holiday

Thanks Angie, I did. Thomson Airways were pretty good as usual. At 6.5 hours on the return flight, I was glad they changed the aircraft from the original schedule (they sent G-OOBA we were supposed to be on to cover the LGW-LXR-LGW flight instead of on ours from/to MAN) and we had a former Thomsonfly instead of First Choice 757-200. The slimline seats and extra bit of knee-room was welcome because of the head winds onroute over Europe last night. The cabin crew were excellent both ways and I was quite impressed with the meal on the way back, it was quite tasty! As usual though, handling agents in resort aren't always up to speed on airline policy and it took 15 minutes to persuid them that the 5kg excess luggage they were wanting to charge me was in fact included in my luggage allowance as diving allowance. Even after showing them my dive qualifications and information from Thomson airways that it was booked, they wouldn't have it but I stood my ground and refused to pay as I knew I was right and they needed to check. Anyway, 15 minutes later they checked me in. The old First Choice system for diving allowance was much better. Our party was actually 4.7kg under our pooled limit so even without the diving allowance, we weren't over so I don't know where they were coming from :que

Darren
Hi. Wondered if anyone could help me with the layout of the thomsons plane i will be flying on.
Flight no: TOM 082 Gatwick Punta Cana 21st April 2010.
Have booked premium but wanted to know layout.
Thankyou. Michelle
reecegrant,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-PUJ-LGW (TOM082/3) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (see below).

Darren
Hi Darren
Glad you had a good holiday! You have me a bit worried after the trouble you had over the 5kg diving allowance. OH is a diver and I rang Thomsons about getting the extra 5kg but they told me I didn't need to book it in advance, just turn up with PADI card at check-in. So, I've nothing from Thomsons to show. We're off to Sharm in a couple of weeks - hope we don't get any bother :cry

Beth
BethR,

You'll be fine on your outbound flight and I would imagine the check-in staff at Sharm are used to divers and know about the allowance. Because I was flying through Luxor, they are probably less aware of the alowance. I wouldn't worry about travelling through Sharm, but I always print out a copy of the allowances from Thomsons website just in case I need it to refer to. It was invaluable yesterday when explaining the allowances I was entitled to, they couldn't dispute it realy since it had a Thomson Airways header but the wanted to check it with head office (and rightly so). It's best to always go prepared. I've only had problems at non-diving destinations. Sharm is probably No1 on their network but I have known of some divers who've been made to pay for excess luggage and Thomson Airways have refunded it once back in the UK without question. The First Choice system of putting the divers allowance on your booking and sending you a confirmation letter was much better. It would be good if Thomson Airways adopted the system as you don't have anything on your booking otherwise to prove it and you face the 15 minute check-in delay that I had yesterday and the embarassment of holding up the check-in queue.

Darren
Hi Darren.
I'll take a print out of the allowances from the Thomson website and as you say they should be used to it in Sharm. Thanks again for your advice and reassurance.
Cheers!
Beth
:sun2
Hi there,

Was wondering if you could tell me weither the Thomson 757 flight number TOM1100 to gran canaria from Glasgow on Monday 3rd of May is equipped with winglets ?

Thanks

Calum
CalumKawaii,

It is currently scheduled to be operated by a Wingletted aircraft, however for a number of reasons this can be changed on the day.

Gower
Can you tell me what type of aircraft - Gatwick - Kavala Tom 4726

Many thanks
thomasina,

Please quote dates of flights when requesting information. LGW-KVA-LGW (TOM4726/7) are operated by a Boeing 757-200 (winglets) between 02/05/2010 - 16/05/2010, and a Boeing 767-300/ER between 23/05/2010 - 03/10/2010. You'll find further aircraft inforation on our What Aircraft? guide (see below).

Darren
Many thanks Darren

We are travelling Tom 4726 Gatwick - Kavala 16th May 2010 and returning Tom 4727 on 30th May.
thomasina,

As Darren Has Said

It will be a Boeing 757-200 for your outbound flight and a Boeing 767-300 On your return flight.

All aircraft information on our what aircraft? guide (link in my signature)

Gower
Can anyone advise what aircraft me and my family will be travelling on to Rhodes we go on 18th August 2010 from Manchester and return 1/9/10

Flight nos are TOM2332 outbound and TOM2333 inbound

Thanks
cheryl41,

MAN-RHO-MAN (TOM2332/3) are operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER (winglets). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.