Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
We have paid £460 return with Etihad LHR- BOM & £102 return Kingfisher BOM-GOA.We just thought this might be helpful to someone if they were struggling with a flight but maybe you know a better one. (Dec 17-Feb 8).
Ok. That's about the average price at the moment and i don't think they will come down this year.

If people are waiting for the charter flight prices to come down i don't think they will.We spoke to a couple of First Choice pilots last season and they said the days of companies just selling off their empty seats for next to nothing are gone.The airlines would rather have the flights half empty,because the lesser the load the less fuel the plane will use.

John
sometimes you wonder if its worth the bother doing it diy,as i only paid £499 this 24th november for two weeks manchester,including accomodation in baga. :wave:
Hi Les127,
the reason alot of people arrange their own flights is that you cannot fly charter if going for more than 4 weeks.
That's not entirely true.Most charter companies won't let you book over 28 days,but there's nothing stopping you flying in by charter and flying back out on a charter 6 months later.

John
Hi John,
wouldn't that work out more expensive than getting a scheduled flight?
Steph.
Yes alot more expensive.I was just making the point that you can arrive and depart on a Charter flight for any length of stay.

John
Southall Travel are doing Birmingham to Mumbai via Munich for about £350.
Finnair still doing Manchester to Mumbai from mid january for £310
just booked finnair manchester to mumbai 18/01/09 to 5/02/09 £310
  • Edited by kags52 2008-08-22 00:30:22
sometimes you wonder if its worth the bother doing it diy

Judging by the number of rescheduled holiday charters seems like a better idea, although still subject to change but not as much as the holiday companies are doing at present.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.