Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Thanks for that information. We go to Corfu in September lets hope they sort that propblem out by then. We will have to make sure we keep anything valuables in our hand luggage I think. Something else to think about now!
Are you sure it happened at Corfu airport. Could it have happened at your UK airport?

Jules
If you could see where and how the luggage is loaded in Corfu you would realise that it would be difficult to do what the esteemed policeman suggested. There have been suggestions of this nature before and it has been proven that there has been active rackets in the UK in the same way as within the postal service. I have never known of any incident in winter when there are no direct flights, there is more time and opportunity in winter , what does that tell you?
Well, think I might just booby trap my case then with something nasty and a note. I might fill one case with dirty washing! The other wont have much left in it worth taking. When we had trouble with a maid hiding items of clothing in our apartment one year which we found when we were checking round the room, a tee shirt was under the mattress of the spare bed and another was tucked behind an unused drawer we left nice little messages in their place just to let her know we knew what she was doing and left a message in the visitors book, which was subsequently torn out. I know sometimes they dont get paid much but nicking stuff is not on and risky when they could lose their jobs which they really need. As for the luggage just another risk to face - perhaps the security might be stepped up a notch in view of recent events here.
My intention in posting our experience was to make people aware and not

to discourage anybody. My wife and myself have visited various parts

of Greece for the past 20 years and we still think it is one of the most

crime free countries in Europe. We had a wonderful fortnight in Corfu.

A taverna owner told us that business in Ipsos/Dasia was currently down

30% compared to last year and many local excursion prices (boat trips)

had been reduced in price which was good for tourists but the owners

were struggling. We ate out every night and the most busiest eating places

we visited were no more than 30% full during the peak times.

Owners therefore had more time to talk to us and verbly express their

worries. Hope things pick up for them as they reach peak season.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.