Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Manchester 5th to 19th Octoberflight = £f£200 via Goldtrail. Acomadation via flightline £67. 73 for 14 days transfer £32.
This year 2 weeks in self catering apartments £47.50 for 2 weeks in May for 2 people, £27 for transfers for 2 people to Icmeler return

Stewart
Manchester 7th sept for 14 nights to Marmaris, £209 each for flights, Room £112.84, transfers £16 each so cost us £253.21 each. :cheers
i'm now stuck with school holidays as the wee fella has just started P1 and the missus is doing her nursing training at uni so peak times for us for the foreseeable future :cry
Gumbet end of Sept for 1 week accom, flights & transfers £215

No night flights :tup
Private transfers
Staying in the no. 1 rated hotel according to TA
Last year flights one way £125 accomadation 3 bed house, shared pool £200 month x 2 months, Dalayn

Next year 3 bed villa, Dalyan £250 month shared pool x 6 months , flights one way £140 each from Liverpool
last years flights to dalaman £75 each x 5 =375, our own apt in akyaka so free for 2 weeks and transfers return £50 ,total each for 2 weeks in august £85 each :tup
ive done loads of cheap diy's to other countries recently with good old easy jet
Not really a DIY, but got a 2 weeks in Gumbet on Thomson Auctions last year for £80 each, including flight,accom and transfers... ;)
Last year's flights £70 each for 3 = £210 accommodation £125 and transfers £90. £425 for the 3 of us for the week! Couldn't get anywhere near that this year.
Main holidays are at peak times- so not much hope there. We did get 4 nights in Prague plus flights for 2 for £200 - around 4 years ago & from our regional airport which is always expensive.
Cheapest DIY was to Turkey last year.

August 2008, Flights £70 return x 2 =£140 booked with Aegean
Accomodation,14 nights £190 booked with Low Cost Beds
Total for 2 adults £330 or £165 each!
In 2007 we did two weeks in May in Hisaronu at Hotel Telmessos. £70 each for the accomodation. Plus flights of £160 each through First Choice. So £230 each for two weeks.

Proper bargain!
Hello, sorry for butting in but I am just wondering where you are all getting your cheap tranbsfers from, mine os £80 so in comparison yours are cheap cheap cheap! Do you share and do drop off's, are they private, how do they work?

Thanks
Ruth

P.S. I am so determined to do DIY...
it depends how far the resort is from the airport icmeler is a lot further away than akyaka , hence my transfers cheaper than the quote you got, but i think your quote was good for icmeler
Ah I see.

Do you know if you can go on a boat to Akyaka from Icmeler?

Thanks
Ruth
I have just booked the Parkim Ayaz for next May.2 weeks HB for £310.Thomas Cook matched the web price. :sun2
It only £285 for 2 weeks from Gatwick on 17th May! :tup
I dont think I could get it any cheaper by doing DIY as the flights would cost around £279. :sun2
Wow, I'm so impressed with all of you diy ers. I would'nt know where to start. Do I look for flighst first or accomadation? What's the best time to book for next year? Does anyone know when the easyjet flights for summer 2010 are released. Cant get past june. Same with bmi baby and fly be, or am I doing something wrong. Anyone know? Sorry for all the questions.
There is a sticky topic at the top of the DIY forum with advice on booking a DIY holiday.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.