France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Suggest you contact any Ibis hotel in the Calais area, or possibly Campanile or Mercure - though they may be towards the top end of your budget. There is also a Holiday Inn in Calais - they may actually offer travel cots. All these hotels can be viewed and booked over the web. It's probably not worth investing charming B&Bs ...... you need them to be flexible enough to have 4 bedded rooms and used to English kids!!
Thanks for that, we have used Ibis ourselves in and around Paris but they had slipped my mind :duh perfect for what they want and in budget,my daughter is at the moment trying to book :) fingers crossed
I was going to suggest the Campanile as well :tup , we use them on our journeys up and down France for one night stop-overs.
We're staying at Suitehotel Calais Coquelles Tunnel sous La Manche in August on our way back from Loire Valley.
http://www.suite-hotel.com/suitehotel/fichehotel/gb/sui/3335/fiche_hotel.shtml

Slightly over your budget at 111 Euros but it has great reviews and looks lovely.
We were having trouble finding anywhere that had availabilty for a room for 4 and had originally booked 2 rooms at Formula1 but came across the Suite hotel review on this site.
Ooh, ooh!
I know a good site - we used these guys when we went to Paris last December - french connections, I think it's co.uk not com ... not the clothes guys either!

I think they might be able to help.

I've stayed in Calais about a bazillion times - when I was little my dad worked for P&O and we went there every other weekend, it feels like.

My mum has a favourite anecdote - apparently when we went, all I would eat were laughing cow cheese triangles. And that was it, for a whole week, because I didn't like the frenchy food! So, maybe stock up on some, and dairylea too!

I hope I've helped, I'm new here, I would like to make some friends :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.