Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Which resort?
16 Posts
Why don`t you stay Poniente side of Benidorm, that way everything is within walking distance but you`ve got the quieter side as well. With a large beach thats not as packed as Levante side.

We love Benidorm, like you we were a bit unsure wether we would like it. But we do, we`ve been at least once each year for the last 7. If you do go be sure to explore as much as you can as there`s lots of different parts to Benidrom.

We stayed last summer in private apartments in Albir, we really enjoyed our holiday, we went into Benidorm several times but because we were staying some where quiet Benidorm seemed very busy. When you stay in Benidorm in summer it doesn`t seem any busier than any other time of the year. Benidorm is always buzzing, thats why everyone goes.

GIve it a try I`m sure you won`t be disapointed
Benidorm in July/ August as totally packed to the gills / noisy / etc.
So - am I judging Benidorm unfairly?

No, I don't believe you are. Any Spanish Resort, or indeed any popular Tourist Destination with a hot climate is going to be very busy at the time of the year you mention. Its in the middle of the main Summer Season. Even here in Skegness where I live, it is packed to the brim during these months. As for the noise, well it can get a bit 'lively' shall we say at night, but if you are seeking peace and quiet, then Benidorm is not the place for you. But that said, the *noise* is really not that bad, and I don't think you will notice it really. To avoid any noise from homecoming late night Revelllers, its alsways wise to try and booka High Floor room as these seem to be far more quiet than ground floor ones...IMHO.

If you have never been to Benidorm, then I would say give it a go, you certainly will not be dissapointed. But if you prefer it to be a little less busy then maybe you might be better off delaying your trip until the end of August or the begining of Septemeber....as from October onwards it starts to get busier again in the run up to Christmas. But to be honest, Beni is rather busy all year round.
I think that the 'clubby' part of Beni can be quite wild in July/August. This is not a criticism, Julie and me love the place. I think if you have kids, Christine's suggestion is a good one. We stayed over in the quiet side of Beni once, Hotel Monika. A beautiful area, with easy access to anywhere else you would like to visit. We don't have kids, so we like the hustle and bustle, (although even we avoid July/August). If we did have kids though, and we were restricted to school hols, I would have no hesitation in booking in to the area Christine mentions.
We always go end of may beginning of june and find it's just fine. Plenty going on but not as busy as July and August, but as other posters have said Beni is busy at all times. We stay in hotels that are set at the back of the resort so you don't get as much noise from late night revellers and the highr up the hotel you go the less noise you can here. :P
Hope you get sorted 8)
Hi, we also stayed in the Monika, this is actually in cala finistrat, we loved it there, we also have 2 kids. Cala finistrat is a nice little resort with a nice beach. We didnt venture out on a night because we were all inclusive, but did use the free bus through the day into benidorm. We did get taxi to the poniente end once and it was about 5euros.
To read or submit reviews of the Monika complex ... please click here.

David :wave
:) Try Javea , Denia or Moraira, not so busy as Benidorm, but also beautiful beaches
:D I have been to Benidrom in the easter hols, but ive booked a flight for second week in october and wondered what is it like that time of year?

is it busy?
is it warm?
do i need to book a hotel with an indoor pool?

also what is cala finistrat like? i hav 2 kids aged 9 and 7 :D

nonnielaneX
Cala Finistrat is having a lot of building work, they are puting up a very large Hotel.It is a lot quiter than Benidorm and is 5 or so killomeaters away.If you have children they may find it to small and to layed back for there tast. :D
We stayed in cala finistrat last year with 9 and 7 year old boys, we had a great time but only because there was plenty going on in the hotel to keep them occupied, stayed in the Monika complex, wasnt a lot to do in the resort for them though, but only a short taxi or bus ride into benidorm.
gill_maq - thanks for the reply, monika is that the magic one, there seem to be lots of magic ones that look good and are coming up cheap for all of us.

what time of year did you go?

nonnielane x
Hi nonnielane, yeah, thats the one, we were there in june last year, they had a free bus on to take you to other hotels in the chain, stopped you getting bored sitting in the same place every day, sometimes we just used it as transport to get into benidorm, noticed some not so good reviews but dont know why, we loved it. Think entertainment will be indoors in october, as it was our first few days, the quality of the acts greatly improved once the entertainment moved outside.
The year before we stayed in the crystal park, also part of the chain. the night time entertainment was better here, as was the food (food was very nice in monika though) but rooms werent very good, and pool was partially covered, (might not be a bad idea in october maybe), people complained about the road being busy next to hotel, but it never bothered us, the only reason I wouldnt return here was the lack of balconies on rooms for 4.
Doesnt matter where you are in benidorm there is usually a magic hotel close by for free food and drink.
thanks gill_maq - found a site that is £370 for the 4 of AI in one of the magic hotels in benidorm, the snag is we wont now which one until 3 days before.

but seems a good deal to me, as its not our main holiday, i booked my flights a month ago so got time to be picky and prices seem to be dropping.

nonnielane x :D
If you get stuck in one of the quieter hotels you can spend your time in any hotel you want. When we stayed in the crystal park there was a couple who were staying in the fenecia which was only a few minutes away, who used to take there evening meal every night and stay for the entertainment in our hotel. Also, if you decide to book, dont miss the free medieval night, great night out.
thanks for all the info folks. A few too many poor reviews about some of the Magic hotels and the mention of alot of building work has put me off Cala Finestrat but Ive decided will definately give beni a try and stick with the Poniente side as Christine suggested. Iv identified the Terralta as a likely contender. It seems to get good reviews and may strike the right balance for us in being far enough away to be quiet but close enough to the action so as not to be bored. Also, if I can get in quick when Easyjet release the flights, Ill hopefully save a few quid booking direct.
What do you think?
Option 2 at the moment will be either private rental in Albir or Albir Gardens
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.