Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi everyone just got back this evening from a fantastic holiday at Aliathon.

I would like to address a few points that other people have been mentioning. Firstly the rooms, we were in the old part (Aegean) in a standard 1 bedroom apartment. The room was clean, very spacious and was more than suitable for 2 adults, and two kids 10 and 12. The rooms in the fishing village were newer but too be honest for the difference in price we can't see the point in upgrading (unless yopu sp-end a lot of time in the room !!!

The food was good, bit repetitive at times but always something there for all of us (we had friends with us too). Restaurant always clean and tables cleared very quickly (sometimes too quickly)The E3 staff were excellent, anyone who has seen Kieran as Elvis must agree, those of you who haven't been make sure you see the legends show, its a sight to behold. They worked hard and always something for everyone, ok its not Vegas standard but still very good and they are very entusiastic, we really enjoyed most of the shows they did.

The pool areas were all spotless at all times, and the kids enjoyed Wavelength and the drop in activities they had on the go with the IN 2 Action reps.

We went out for a couple of meals and thoroughly recommend Fat mamas, book a table, get a taxi from reception and don't eat for the day as portions huge, very reasonable too, I had the best ribs ever. We also went just out of the hotel (turn right) to the Ocean Bsasket and had fab fish and chips which again very reasonable.

We walked to the waterpark (turn left out of hotel) buy tickets at reception, if you go on Kamikazee hold onto your bathers especially the bottoms or you could end up with a thong on!!!!

We caught a taxi to coral bay 17 euros and took about 10 mins and was a nice day out for a change and best beach in area.

All in all great place and we have been to HV in Majorca, Costa and Turkey and it was certainly rated by all of us as one of the best.

Enjoy
So glad you had a good time Bodster, the waterpark was only a short walk but we were lazy and took the bus and then got a refund on the ticket from the waterpark shop, in fact she even refunded the bus tickets from the day before when we'd been to the harbour so a bit of profit really! Calamity, did you have a good time too?
Hi Bodster, must have seen you about! We got back tonight too, had a great time! the main plus point for us are the kids activities, the high ropes, E3 were great for the kids and ours absolutely loved it, Kieran was brilliant as was Mel, our son loved the stage a bit too much but they didn't seem to mind and he had a fantastic time! We stayed in the fishing village in a one bed deluxe and it was superb. The food did get a bit repetitive at times but overall very enjoyable, I would say forget about going to the "Greek" restaurant, only open a couple of nights a week and when its closed the "Mexican" is open but the mexican is a room within the main eating area and the greek is at the lighthouse which is the snack bar during the day! Overall it was a brilliant holiday! :cheers
By the way Simone, are there any pics you wanted me to upload? you may already have your answers now but thought I would ask just incase :D
Hello Peeps, got back last night aswell. I have to admit though, I want as impressed as everyone else seems to be.
The pools, rooms, facilities, restaurant, food etc are good I agree, but I think the activies and evening enterainment let the place down :(
I was a bit bored during the day, theres no water polo, water volleyball or volleyball like all other holiday villages/all inclusives that ive ever been to, ok, theres a quiz and the occasional bit of family canoing/rafting & the odd table tennis tournament but not alot else for the active male or female to do during the day.
The evening entertainment I thought was a poor mans Butlins, how can anyone say Kieron is brilliant is beyond me :que Yes, he's funny to watch because he so bad ! He cant sing very well, cant dance very well & neither can Michel, the E3 girls were ok but the there really wasnt enough outside acts put on and the ones that were on look like they were booked on the cheap, The Parrot show and Magician were poor and a comedian/singer was also quite bad. Out of the Holiday Villages Ive been to before, this was the worst for entertainment/activities.

Having said that, It was the best for food, good all inclusive drinks (Baileys, cocktails also included) the place was very clean, staff helpful etc and i did enjoy my holiday, I just felt there was something missing. We certainly wouldnt go back again.

We also visited Fat Mama's, and have to agree, the food was exellent, the ribs were amazing, 2 huge racks in BBQ sauce :tongue

The Water park was good, albeit a bit pricey and I did off road quad biking which was booked up opposite the hotel which was a really fun 2 hours.

All in all, I'd rate this holiday as 7/10, will write a full review soon.
hello from the holiday village its bloody fantastic here so hot tho any questions post n il try and help :tup
Hi Stumpy, glad your having a great time :cheers Can you confirm if all the Superior rooms are in the Aegean village. I have booked one of these rooms and I'm now concerned about the standard of the older part of the HV.

Lynda
Hello everyone (again!)
Just a couple of things to say - well perhaps a bit more than a couple, I am female after all..... :D
The Aegeon Village was opened around 1992.
The Fishing Village is brand spanking NEW and only opened this year.
Given the above facts, there are bound to be some differences in the rooms in both Villages.
Ok - I'm biased........I love it there, that's why we keep going back. But I am being honest.

In all the years we have been going we always stay in the Aegeon Village - in a superior one bedroom, which is plenty big enough for the two of us.
We did have a tour of the Fishing Village in May this year and were very impressed in what the Aliathon have achieved in such a short space of time as the build had only just started when we left in September 2007.

I've read lots on here about the First Choice reps (entertainment) - some say they are ok, some say they are not. Would it not be a good idea to write to First Choice to tell them if you were not happy with the level of entertainment? Personally, I think this IS a good idea - the more people who write to them the better. They MIGHT do something about it?
I know the staff at the Aliathon read these reviews, as guests usually send/submit their reviews directly to First Choice, who do not give feedback to the owners of the Aliathon.

I'm pleased the majority of you who have been seemed to have a good time :cheers

Did I ever mention this forum is FAB and everyone is really friendly :)
Calamity - how many kids did you have with you and where about did you sit during the day, we sat at the back of the beach area
in the fishing village there were 4 adults and 4 kids with us

Those of you still concerned about the rooms don't be as the rooms in the old part are still very nice, spacious, clean etc and had
a tv, kettle, hairdryer, nice terrace or balcony

those peoploe moaning about the E3 then you are being harsh, at the end of the day they are young people doing their best, if you want west end shows and stars go to london or New York!!! its not brilliant but we have seen much much worse and they are
so enthusiastic you can't help enjoying it.
Hi Bodster, we sat all over as we didn't get beds until 8.30 am so it was hit and miss as to where we found beds. We sat at the back of the beach a few times, were you a young crowd? saw a couple of young parents with young children and perhaps a grandma, remember talking to her once in the pool. Our kids are 3 and 5, although we had to pretend the 5 year old was 6 so he could do all the activities! (high ropes, canoeing etc). Agree E3 were very enthusiastic and great with the kids.
Calamity
We like to think we are young, we were 2 biggish blokes, and 2 med size women and kids aged 8 to 13 we were prob only
welsh ones at that time
Hi...I am flying out to the Aliathon with my H2B and my 3.5 year old daughter on Sunday :)

A couple of things i was wondering about,

1, i am getting married at the Yeroskipou Town Hall and was wondering as I am all inclusive if they will allow me to remove my band

2, How long and what is the frequemcy of the kids club

3, I am a bit of an excercies fanatic and was wondering what the gym facility was like, opening times etc....and also is the complex big enough to do a few laps running early doors.

4, We have already upgraded to a deluxe 1 bedroom apartment and have emailed the Aliathon and they have confirmed this is in the new area...is this correct?

Thanks
Hi Lotte, are there many of you going? must admit we saw a few weddings when we were there and it looked lovely, although I would advise having something planned for the evening as two of the brides ended up sitting in the bingo hall for a few hours and I really felt for them. I would have thought you could remove your band, they did say that lost bands would cost 15 euro's but I am sure if you ask I can't see it being a problem, we always found the people there very helpful.
The kids club run every day in sessions, 10 - 12, 2.30 - 4, 4.30 - 6 and 9 - 11 (if I remember rightly!). The gym looked great, new, modern, good equipment. Can't remember opening times but I think it was from 8 am till 8 pm most days but the spa was closed on a sunday, not sure if that means the gym was too.
We had a one bed deluxe and it was in the fishing village, there have been various discussions on this site as to whether they all are or if there are some in the older section, perhaps some older members on this site can remember the outcome?
lotte_82 wrote:
Hi...I am flying out to the Aliathon with my H2B and my 3.5 year old daughter on Sunday :)

A couple of things i was wondering about,

1, i am getting married at the Yeroskipou Town Hall and was wondering as I am all inclusive if they will allow me to remove my band

2, How long and what is the frequemcy of the kids club

3, I am a bit of an excercies fanatic and was wondering what the gym facility was like, opening times etc....and also is the complex big enough to do a few laps running early doors.

4, We have already upgraded to a deluxe 1 bedroom apartment and have emailed the Aliathon and they have confirmed this is in the new area...is this correct?

Thanks

hi lotte,
i got married in paphos town hall, and had my band removed aswell as some of my wedding parties you just have to keep a hold of your band, just to check who have you booked your wedding through? i done mine through first choice and if you did beware when you get there as the wedding co-ordinator will try and get loads of money out of you, I planned on everybody making there own way to the town hall, and I got persuaded into getting wedding cars and buses costing nearly another 400 euros, if you did book first choice i can give you loads of information about them.
laura
hi laura.....yeah i am also with first choice, i just want basic pictures and 2 cars (just taxi's though nothing fancy) when did u go? How soon after arrival did u meet with wedding co-ordinator? I am getting excited and nervous all at the same time :)
Hi lotte and welcome to HT!

Can I ask that you do not post in phone style text, eg u instead of you as per our Rules of Posting?

Some of our visually impaired members use Screen Readers that do not recognise this type of text.

Thanks

luci :wave
Hi folks only 5 sleeps !!!!!!!! :wave:
I'm glad you all had a good time you have managed to get me even more excited !!
and the few concerns about entertainment and rooms don't really bother me you can always make your own entertainment and well if cocktails are in the AI im sure we will !!!!! LOL as for the rooms as long as they have beds and are clean well who cares !!!!!
A few questions tho Did you have any probs with the pool when you were there ???
and what was the exchange rate like im not sure if i should change all my money or best to do it there with the rate being so low here ?? was there Karaoke anywhere around im going with two other adults, one of which is a karaoke queen (you no who you are !!!! LOL) and well that will sort out our entertainment problems for the fortnight and anyone else who happens to hear how bad we are !!!
:rofl
Did anyone have problems with bits we were at HV turkey last year were eaten alive 2 of us had quite a bad reaction and it did put a bit of a dampener on things !!
On last thing is there somewhere they will play the Scotland games, it always good to get a bunch of us drunken Scots together !! ( MORE ENTERTAINMENT !!!!) :D
just returned from two weeks at the holiday village. had an absolutly great time travelled with 4 adults a 3year old and a 19month old. we each stayed in a one bed dulxe which were fantastic. very spacious, with two balconies one huge with 2 sunloungers, 4 chairs and a table and still plenty of room fro the kids to play. the other smaller to the back of the apartment. 2 flat screen tv's which were fab one with dvd player.
only complaint about the room was that our 3yr old could open the main door which i was very worried about even when locked as soon as the handle was pushed downt the lock would unlock. we resorted to pushing a dining chair infront of the door to stop him from openin it without us hearing him.
we changed our pool towels with the cleaners as we passed them in the mornings. never a problem to find 4 sunbeds together around kids pool at about 8.45am. the kids pool by the way was the highlight of the children's holiday. they were in there all day ecept for the one session at kids club (if we could catch him out of the pool) water only came up to my knees in deepest part so it was very safe. no problems with ear infection or tummy upsets either.
swim kids was a big hit, we booked our 3 yr old in to a group session but turned out he was only one booked in so had 5x private lessons with a very patient Harriet.
food was oalways gorgeous, only allinclusive i've been on where there was always more than one dish i wanted to try (which resulted in a few extra pounds). didn't find it repetitive at all. mexican wasn't bad either.
did several trips glass bottom boat (1hr trip not worth doing, we didn't see 1 fish), water park great but expensive, jolly roger alot of fun with little ones, quad safari the men said was good, go-karting men loved but i found hard to steer, bird and animal park was abig hit.
only complaint about holiday was the rudeness of the lighthouse pool bar staff. very ignorant, didn't even accknowledge customers, would often walk off whilst serving you to do something else. but the rest of the staff we're very nice.
our kids loved the kids village time and fell asleep after that so we sat in the bar on the other side of the entertainment which was quiet with a lovely hungarian barmaid.
all in all a relaxing and enjoyable holiday for us all and would highly recommend. :cheers
Glad you had a good time.

It would be appreciated if anyone recently returned could post a review HERE

Thanks

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.