Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I love Puerto Soller going in two weeks but if it is beaches your after then there is no contest Puerto Pollensa wins hands down. In both venues there is plenty of self catering accomodation and excellent restuarants.

Good Luck, Have a great time. The town of Pollensa is on a par with Soller but no tram or train. But being ever so old it is Soller for me nearer the airport.

Dave :lol:
I'd go along with what David says. Soller and Pollensa are both beautiful towns. If you do opt for Pollensa and a villa around the old town, might be advisable if you have a car to get to Puerto Pollensa, as the port and the town are some 6-7 kilometres apart. Just on the beach - it's in two parts; the smaller one leading to the so-called Pinewalk is quite narrow and crowded; the bigger part is preferable. You might also want to venture to Puerto Alcudia or Playa de Muro where the beaches are arguably even better.
Thanks for your replies, very helpful and encouraging !!Think I am on the right lines pollensa sounds good!!

Anyone know any good restaurants in Pollensa or the Port area? Authentic Spanishy types!!!
Also any good companies for vlla rentals - have looked at loads but just incase someone has a recommendation!! Thanks :D :)
Really you'll be spoilt for choice for good restaurants. Pollensa has many good-quality places; little or no chips-with-everything on offer. A couple of very Mallorcan places in the centre of the old town - Bar Nou and Eu Centro. The port also has a good range, bit more chips though. But, for instance, L'Almirant on the front (fine tapas), Neptuno (fairly basic but well-liked tapas).

You might like to check out general websites for Pollensa. There are a lot of hints for food and other things, e.g. http://www.puertopollensa.com or http://www.thepollensaguide.com
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.