Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
hi jdt1971 - welcome to Holiday truths :D :D . Am i right in thinking the coral sea resort is the first choice A/I property :D :D and therefore wont be in town. If so you will feel very safe. We recently came back from Hilton sharks bay and i think the same can be said for most of the A/Is in that they are are usually down a big drive and behind gates with security normally on both the front entrances and the beach sides. As anywhere else in the world just be on your guard if you make any trips outside of your hotel into Naarm bay. We felt perfectly safe at all times :D :D and if you really dont feel comfortable outside the security of your hotel you really neednt leave it :D :D .

dont worry you will have a fab time :D :D

lyn
:D Thank you so much for your reply..yes it's with first choice and ai. It's so nice to hear from people who have actually been rather than generalised opinions :lol: feeling better already!
its very difficult to picture before you get there what its gonna be like but believe me once you get there you will probably not go that far out of your hotel as there really wont be anywhere else for you to go unless you catch a taxi or courtesy bus down into naarm bay :D . you will have all you need at the hotel and once you get into holiday mode you wont worry and as bad as it is to say if something did happen again you probably wouldnt even know :( unless you overheard people talking. as said tho take care on any excursions :D :D but you will still feel perfectly safe :D

lyn
Hi jdt1971 Welcome to HT.

I was on holiday at the same time as Lyn, but in a hotel down the road from her. Just to add my bit, Lyn is so right, once you are in these large hotel complexes you kinda have everything you need. It's just if you want to do any trips or go into Namma Bay for a nosey around that you leave the security of the hotel.

Our hotel was also down a big drive with security gates. They wouldn't even let the 'blue and white' taxis in, only their own ones. :shock: I know it's a worry when you have a family, but we felt very safe there, and came back the evening of the explosions not knowing they had taken place. :oops: :oops:

Try not to let it stop you from enjoying yourselves. I think the Egyptians will be pleased we are still going there as they seem to be buliding a heck of a lot of hotels for us from what I could see. :D :D :D
hi dopesmc :D thanks for your input...life is sooo diffrent when you are doing things on your own, to having such huge responsibilities with children..we are people who like to know the people who live in places we visit, and it's important for our children to learn about others, so i would definately want to nose around :wink: what did you spend your time doing and any recommendations :?: ta
I travelled to Sharm a few days after the terrorist attacks last year.
We stayed at the Conrad Hotel (another FC hotel, not far from the CSR) and there was a high level of security.............big, locked gates at the entrance, security guards, scanning/x-ray equipment etc.

We ventured into Naama Bay and found the same high level of security there.

Pippy :D
you guys are making me feel so much more confident! :D thank you..was so close in transferring my holiday, really looking forward to now seeing all the "sites" described in the forums :P
Hi Again Jdt

We were only there for a week, so apart from going into Namma Bay a couple of nights to look around and do a bit of shopping, we just chilled out, but there are plenty of trips should you feel up for them. Budget permitting, we want to go back next year and do the Cairo trip to see the pyramids (takes ages,so no good with an 18 month old!). My kids are much older than yours.

I guess you know, but incase you don't, the red sea area is really famous for its snorkellng and lots of people spend their time doing this, but if you don't fancy it, there are glass bottom boat trips that let you see the fish. I'm sure your hotel and/or FC will have all the details.

Have a great time. :D

Hi Pippy
You were posting early today. I've decided you mods never sleep. :wink: :D :wink:
Jdt

I've also got a holiday booked for next year (Conrad again) and have no reservations about returning :wink:

I've decided you mods never sleep

Most of us have full-time jobs, no time to sleep! :lol: :wink:
Thanks all for your reassuring comments..will now go ahead with booking, actually really looking forward to it...so will try the waterpark for the kids! and the hard rock cafe (as it seems everyone recommends it) and seeing as I cant swim, will just watch the other half enjoying himself :D

Hey Pippy (just a little off topic), your King of Mods lives in my area (Mr Weller), should I pass on your greetings!! (joke)..lol 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.