Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Chris

I haven't any personal experience of the Sabina Hotel but it has a very good beach front location. The same chain also have the Sabina Playa which is virtually next door to the Hotel Bonamar and again enjoys a good beach front location. They also have apartments - they are above shops which face onto the promenade and a small section of 'precinct' to the rear which houses a shop selling fresh bread, croissants and other delights (if my memory serves me right).

I found this website which might help you - http://www.sabinahotels.com/ingles/ingles.shtml

Click on the hotel pics for more info

Tis

PS - I think from location you'll find the Sabina (not the Playa) more in the 'German Zone' as I call it- whether that helps you or not I don't know :)
I have never stayed at the Sabina but they are in a fab location. As long as you don't mind being surrounded by Germans and willing to join in you'll have agood time. We were the only English people at the Hotel Sumba a few yeasrs ago and had a great holiday, the Germans expect the best and the hotel didn't disappoint. CBG
Thanks for these tips Tis and CBG, I'm really dithering on this.

I don't want to chance anything going wrong as we have never had a holiday abroad together alone and won't be for a long time but this opportunity has arisen and I'd like it to be as perfect as it can be. The German thing doesn't faze me one bit as I stayed in Alcudia last year in a similar situation.

The prerequisites are nice hotel, sea view, nice pool, nice beach, nice walks. Not bothered about other nationalities, kids, OAPS's, mosquitos, rubbish entertainment or even late-night noise.

We also liked the look of the Alicia in Cala Bona but it's fully booked on the dates we have to go in July. Money is an issue and we are on a budget but it appears cheaper to organise everything independently.

Any tips gratefully accepted :tup
Just trying to do a walk along the promenade in my head for hotels on the front ~ the ones that immediately spring to mind are:

Hotel Bonamar
Hotel Veronica
Hotel Temi
Hotel Alicia (which you already mentioned)
Hotel Sabina
Hotel Sabina Playa
Hotel Talayot
Hotel Atolon
Hotel Catalonia Consul
Hotel Cap De Mar
Hotel Borneo
Hotel Sumba

If you're thinking of doing it all DIY with your own flights - try Travelrepublic. We're using them to stay at the Hotel Moreyo (small family run hotel) this year. The resort definitely won't disappoint you.
Great work, Tis!

We finally plumped for the Girasol which is a kind of second row hotel but we got it at such a good price by booking directly with them I can't complain if we don't have a 'front row' view. It's a weight off my mind really because if I hadn't booked today I would have kept putting it off and we'd never have got anywhere.

Flights booked with Jet2 and all I need to do now is to organise resorthoppa for the transfer and Tesco for the travel insurance. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.