Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Warm Jackets
8 Posts
There are quite a few shops selling coats that would be ok in an english winter, you can also get jumpers, sweat shirts and fleeces from the majority of clothes shops

Remember to barter the price down a bit, A jacket (fake) with a well known name started off at £25 and ended up at £18, when i was there in april.

It might not work with everything but its worth giving it a go

enjoy your holiday

GM06
I really doubt you will need a jacket.

I often think a resort seems warmer than the "offical" weather reports & even if its not it could be hot after the first day of your holiday.

We were in Turgutreis from 4th May for two weeks & it was red hot, the Turks were even saying its freaky weather almost like proper summer, alas on the day we left it started raining (didn't bother us, just the newbies), but it still wasn't cold.

I always make each person bring a (dark) cardi or jumper on the plane as it gets chilly during the flight & then if it is cool at night you will have that, but you probably won't need it. Make sure its dark, so it doesn't get grubby. No baggage issues either as its not in the case.

The sun will probably be cracking the stones by the time you get there, fingers crossed.
We go to Icmeler always in June and have never had to wear a jumper at night, in fact it has always been in the 30s, Like Kim said wear something warmer for the plane but I doubt you will need it again until you are on the way home.

Must say though last year the sea was a little cold for a couple of days. We will be there on 11th June.

Barbara
Kims advice is spot on, just take one thing with you. If it is cold on a night you can buy something quiet cheap, and saves you lugging clothes around that you wont ware during your holiday.

Enjoy your Hols :)
To be honest only once have I ever used it apart from the plane (when you will need it :shock: )
We went to Crete at the very end of August for two weeks & towards the end of the holidays if you were up in the mountains in the evening (for example the trad Cretian night or returning from somewhere on the moped through mountains) it was chilly, but fine in resort.
ONLY time we've EVER used them.
All these wusses wanting to wear warm jackets.

Your British for gods sake!!! In Newcastle you can be abused for wearin a jacket in February in public, never mind on holiday.

8)
Yeah, but I'm a soft southerner :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.