France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
2 Days to kill.
8 Posts
We went to Serignan plage 2 years ago. A good site. They did have a problem with unlicenced raves taking place on the beach which kept everyone awake until 3 am on Saturdays and Sunday nights.

Carcassone is great. When we did it as an overnight they had knights jousting under the castle walls. 1st class.

Not sure about a 5 year old but the Solar Furnace at Odello is very good if you have a scientific bent. And the views are excellent as well.

Perpignon is quaint in the centre.

If you take the A75 south of Clermont Ferand then you will cross the Viaduct de Millau http://www.leviaducdemillau.com/accueil/var/lang/EN/rub/1.html

A definate stopping place for the spectacular views.

Hope you enjoy your holiday.
Driving down from Poitiers to Beziers (Serignan plage camping) in August and we have 2 days to do the journey. Thinking about a night in Carcassonne but does anyone have any other suggestions for places and sights to visit and stay.

We have a 5 year old daughter so would we be better of just getting to the beach asap.

How long can you keep your little girl amused ??

because its only around an extra 60 miles to Serignan from Carcassone by Autoroute not worth stopping if you're after the beach but if you're after Carcassone you NEED a couple of days
Thanks.

We can't book into campsite until the Saturday and we are leaving Poitiers on Thursday. I think 2 nights in Carcassonne will be best the Hotel has a swimming pool and sounds nice.

Looking forward to exploring the area.
Got to repeat myself we have NEVER booked a campsite in August September yet

there are so many campsites down there that it is so easy to get in one
Sorry should made myself clear so you wouldn't have to repeat yourself. We have booked a mobile home for the week and need somewhere for 2 nights only.

Looking at B&B's in the area now, missus doesn't do Canvas.
Why not visit the Futuroscope park (dedicated to IT and movies, and lots of hands on things to do) just south of Poitiers, or visit the Puy du Fou which has now opened a theme park to complement its medieval spectacle this summer? Or visit Royan zoo, and stay a day or two in La Rochelle - superb aquarium!
Thanks for the suggestions.

Family live near Poitiers so we have seen quite a lot of the area and fancy a slow drive south. Decided on Carcassonne, tried all the B&Bs which were fully booked, have now booked 2 nights in a Hotel near the city walls. Looks like there is plenty to do in the area and the old citie area looks amazing.

Thanks again
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.