Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: A1 Travel
96 Posts
I've just got back from an A1 Package deal for 4 to Marmaris. I won't be booking through A1 again due to travel nightmares. Heres a breakdown of what went wrong.

• They changed the outgoing flight 3 times, eventually costing us almost a full day of our holiday.

They gave us E tickets for our outgoing flight, Thomas Cook did not recognize these & we were not booked onto their system. After many queues & many chats with TCs staff we got on the flight but could not sit together.

Our flight ended up being cancelled thanks to a baggage truck crashing into our plane (not A1's fault). We called A1 & was assured that our transfers, hotel, rep etc would be notified & everything would be sorted. We flew out the next day. By now we've lost nearly 2 days (not all A1's fault)

Our transfer to the hotel was not notified of our delay & wasn't there. We waited 2 1/2 hours in Dalaman Airport's carpark & after a bit of shouting the guy at the transfer desk drove us himself to Marmaris.

Our tickets home were actually a day later than A1 had sold us. Great an extra day holiday. But our Hotel was for the original duration so we had to buy an extra day at our own expense.

Our rep was not alerted of our delay. When we tried to contact him the numbers we were given did not work. So we had no rep.

The reference number we were given for our transfer back was not recognized. We were given phone numbers to call that did not work. Eventually we were told it would be sorted. The transfer never arrived. We got a cab at our own expense.

Other than that Marmaris was fantastic, it was just getting there & back that was a pain in the balls.
DO NOT USE A1!!!!!

We rang and booked a holiday with A1 spending over £1200. Everything seemed fine until I checked the confirmation email and found that the nice lady on the phone had booked my holiday for June when I had asked for July! I was checking the email believing that I had a month before my trip and found that the flight they had booked me had already gone!
I called A1 who stated that I could not have a refund or the trip I asked for! They said it was my fault for not checking the email sooner! I continued to call A1 but the customer sevices dept was always busy, they did not return my calls or my emails and their representative that I was dealing with vanished! They could not be more unhelpful.
I continue to try and get what I paid for from A1 but as yet I have got nothing for my £1200!

THERE ARE MANY OTHER TRAVEL AGENTS OUT THERE WHO VALUE THEIR CUSTOMERS- A1 DO NOT!!! SHOP ELSEWHERE!!!
A1 Travels customer Sevices are a nightmare to get through to.

3 times I was on hold for over an hour

They also did not respond to my emails

They changed out outgoing flight by 11 hours so we virtually lost the first day of our holiday

Will never use them again
gazman

where are you travelling to ?? if Greece or turkey you may have been on an original flight with Globespan, and subsequent to their demise been swapped to the next available flight
Travelled to Turkey

Originally booked on a flight out with Onur air but ended up going out on a Sky flight

Returned with Onur Air

Both basic flights but got us there and back
as long as you enjoyed your holiday :cheers

wizard
I have always defended A1 as i have used them for years, but this morning my dad rang up who is 75 years old and after paying £500 for flights were told by the girl on the phone that she was not aware that they had gone bust and that my dad had to claim back the money themselves, what happened to the travels agents rebooking flights and them claiming the money back themselves
I know its been some time since this message was posted, just got back from Turkey using A1 travel. They are a Joke.
Any firm is only as good as the service it provides, A1 travel service STINKS
Had lots of problems at our hotel tried to phone A1 travel on there Emer/phone number. NO REPLY, phoned our son in Lonon to get him to phone the emer/number, again NO REPLY.
Why have an emer/phone number if no one answers????????????????????.
Think before you use the company.
Please DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY i had nothing but problems with this company, they change flights and times and you cannot ever get through to them on the phone. I only received flight e-ticket 3 days before going after spending over an hour on the phone every day for a week. They do not reply to e-mails and i had problems with my resort transfer after paying 180 pound for a private minibus they said it had been cancelled when i arrived at 4am in the morning resulting in me having to pay an extra £80.

I have been back a couple of weeks and they still havent replied to my complaint regarding transfer, why bother complaining as they dont care because they no they will not reply to the complaint.

IF THEY WERE AS GOOD AT THE SALES PITCH AS THEY WERE WITH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IT WOULD BE A GOOD COMPANY, BUT THEY SEEM TO TAKE YOUR MONEY AND THERE BE NO AFTER SALES SERVICE

AGAIN PLEASE DONT BOOK WITH THEM THEY ARE RUBBISH
YES I have booked with them and found them a disaster. Having booked an apartment we got there and found that they had given us a room. While talking to others on the same holiday they too were given a room and not an apartment so take heed. I've phoned on numerous occasions to complain and nobody ever gets back to you. Plenty of false promised but no satisfaction. Basically, stay as far away from this holiday company as you can.
I booked with A1 travel several months ago.
all was good untill Spain went on strike and our flight was canciled (no bodys fault except spain)
We called Ryan air, they offered to change both our flights. I called A1 travel to explain the situation only to be told "your hotel is waiting, you will have to pay for 4 extra nights" Later they called back and told me i would have to buy another transfere as the transfere company hadnt been given 24 hrs notice, even tho i had only been given 20 hrs notice.
A1 travel did nothing to help, in total with the extra accomadation, transferes and car parking, it cost me another £180, the original holiday only cost £350.
I only wish i had read these reviews before i booked.
Do not use A1 travel.
Just a warning - We booked last year with A1 Travel and have been court up in the Goldtrail fiasco (not A1's fault of course) but trying to get a refund from A1 Travel is causing us severe headaches. The lack of response from emails and the flimsy information is dreadful, we have now been told we could have to wait up until November this year for our refund.

I would not recommend A1 Travel to anyone.
We were told they are going to start looking at refunding March but could take as long as November
Just to let everyone know, I have just had an email from A1 saying they would START processing refunds at the END of March!! What a Joke !!!!
Just to keep everyone informed, have had an email from A1 saying they are refunding July departure dates this month and hope to have refunded everyone in the next 3 months. Has anyone had a refund from them yet that was due to travel in July?
Just to let you know, have had email saying they have started to issue August departure refunds this could take a little while as the cheques have to go through accounts which could take 28 days! Any luck yet anyone?
We traveled in August 2010 but no email or refund. I have emailed A1 travel on several occasion and have never had a reply (only automated).I have even rung them up to find out info on my refund and at the same time to complain about no email responses but they don't seem to care about customer relations.
So we have to wait another 28 days
my mum and dad were booked for last August, they kept getting fobbed off, i threatened them with Legal action in February and within a month they got paid :)
WOW! Good news ! If they cannot assure me my chq has been written this month I will do the same, but hopefully it does sound like something is happening all be it way too late and far too slow.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.