Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
A1 Travel
96 Posts
Hello :sun2
Yes we have used them before for flights and hotels :tongue
With no problems at all :really
i used a1 travel for holiday to icmeler last year only problem i had was with hotel but that was not t/o fault
a1 travel is preimiere leisure and is a good company i have used them a number of times with no problems i also think they use the flights and nights logo
Yes i booked flights to dalaman last summer with them. No problems at all. :)
hi can anyone tell me if a1 travel are part of any other group
i have been looking at travel republic, on the beach and a1 travel
any recomendations :tup
No they are basically themselves we have used them on several occasion's they do both TO packages and built to your spec holidays, if you are looking at web prices then none of those you mention will include transfers [unless a package] but A1 DO INCLUDE one hold baggage per person of 15kg on whereas others don't and it gets added after you have excepted the price

wizard
I have booked with A1 travel and have received 20kg allowance, it does say that once i have paid the deposit thebalance is not due until February but the price is not set on the day of booking it could go up before i pay the balance, is this correct?
hi i've just booked with a1
i read ur post so when i went to book i called them with questions
i asked is this the final price i pay even though i have not paid full balance
she said that the price i am quoted when booking is made is the price i pay
i paid deposit as i go in december hope this is helpful :wave:
Yes thanks. I rang also they said it was a set price
I am happy to say that a1 travel have refunded this week the £80 each that we paid extra for 3 changes of flights by Scot travel as a gesture of goodwill for our holiday to Marmaris on May 29th,2009.
Thankyou a1.
Marmaris addict.
I've just booked a family holiday to turkey with A1 Travel. But, 3 hours later and i am still waiting for a conformation email. When i rang them, i was told that if there is aproblem then they'll call me. Does this mean the hotel and flights are available and booked? And is the price likley to change? They also said it would take 5 days to email me the conformation. All i have is a booking reference number. Anyone know how they operate?
they usually take a couple of days if you book after mid day Friday as their admin dept only runs a skeleton staff at weekends

well thats what i have found in the past never had a problem with them yet

wizard
I am looking to book a holiday now for june. I have found a great holiday with a1 travel and i have never used them before so if any one advises not to could you please say so. and if anyone has recently had any major problems with having to cancel or money issues ect.. thank you
used them 5 times in last 3 yrs no problems

wizard
Didn't have any problems when we booked with them last year but having a bit of a do now over getting payments
back for accommodation which we had to cancel when custom flights went bust. This has been going on for two
months now and originally they said we could change accommodation as money had not been sent - now they are
saying they are waiting for it to come back from supplier - anybody else had these problems?
regarding a1 travel please note the following.i recently booked a flight to tenerife for my son.when i received the flight confirmation letter i noted the passenger detail gave my sons middle name as his surname. i e-mailed a1 travel immediately who e-mailed me back that it was my error(which it transpired it was)and that the travel provider(thomson)required payment of a fee of £75.00 to make the amendment.given the fact that was 25% of the total cost of the flights and that i had checked thomsons terms and conditions regarding booking amendments(which provides for a £25.00 charge} i phoned them and they said that they had not told a1 travel that they required payment of £75.00,indeed they were unaware of any required booking amendment.given the circumstances(exact words"you have been messed around enough")they made the amendment free of charge(thomsons were most helpful).who exactly was going to benefit from the so called£75.00 fee.not impressed with a1
Still not heard anything from A1 re- our refund - they aren't even replying to our e-mails now
won't be bothering with them again......
Warning - Re A1 Travel. We booked with A1 travel for christmas - when Custom Flights went bust we asked if we could just change the flights and keep the same accommodation - they said yes but flights doubled and as we had to claim back off CAA we would have to pay again so we cancelled. A1 said they would return the accommodation money - minus £55 for cancellation.
After chasing them for 2 months they seem to be telling us now that we have to deal with Low Cost Beds - direct.
Whats the use in booking with a so called travel agent if you are to deal with the suppliers yourself ?
I think our contract is with A1 and not Low Cost Beds - am I right or are they ? Help someone as I think it is court action next...
DO NOT TRAVEL WITH A1 TRAVEL, my family booked a holiday to Turkey with A1 on 23rd December 2009 a total of 12 people on 4 bookings. A1 offered easyjet flights and accommodation in the hotel we required for a holiday in June 2010. We looked at booking the flights directly with easyjet and the accommodation separately with A1. In the end we decided to keep it all with A1 as they offered the Easy Jet flights £10 per person cheaper than booking directlt with Easy Jet.
The whole holiday was paid for on the night in full. We also spoke to A1 to confirm that 12 places would be available as although we were travelling as one party we were booking separately. No problems encountered while booking.!!
Beginning of January another two family members decided that they wanted to come, they booked the flights directly with easy jet and the accommodation through another operator.
15th January A1 contact just one of the lead passengers from the four bookings to tell us that EasyJet had taken the flights from them because they had not sold enough (sold 25 out of the 50 allocated to them) despite the fact they still had 5 months to sell them. A1 advised us they could refund the cost of the flights but not the accommodation as they are treat as different transactions. Alternatively they could source different flights. We asked them to look for flights (accommodation is useless if you can't get there) They said they had flights from a different airport available (original airport Stansted, new Airport Birmingham, not a problem as we live in Lincoln, there was the small issue of the two late comers who booked separately still travelling from Stansted, but we could live with that). the only other issue was the flights would now cost us an addition £80 per person, OK we would have to live with it, we have little other choice.
16th January, A1 contact us again "sorry there are only2 seats available at Birmingham" !!! " we can send you from Gatwick, but!!! it will be an extra £180 per person!!!!!!!!!!!" This holiday is now going to cost us a considerable amount more than booking with direct holidays who incidently would provide transfers and and inflight meal.
By now it would be more beneficial to cancel the holiday lose the cost of the accommodation and rebook with Direct holidays. Thats what we did. We have however pursued all avenues of trying to get our money back including contacting ABTA. after much negotiating A1 agreed to reimburse the full cost of the holiday minus £50 per booking. I have just checked my account and have received a full refund minus £69!!!...
Lesson learned. if you going on a budget holiday and an agent offers no frills flights as part of a package don't take them - book separately. my booking alone is over £400 more + the £69 than if i'd booked directly with EasyJet.
Somebody somewhere is making money, be it EasyJet or A1.
BEWARE DO NOT TRAVEL WITH A1 - ABTA covered counts for nothing if you book no frills flights with an ABTA covered Agent.... You have been warned
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.