Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi royboy and welcome to HT!

We have the Alcudia Garden Aparthotel listed HERE, but no reviews yet. Do you know if this is the same apartments?

You may struggle to find reviews as, if they are timeshare and individually owned, each apartment will be different.

luci :wave
For info Luci, Garden Lago is not the same as the Alcudia Garden. It is, as rightly noted, a timeshare apartments but it does offer direct rental as well. It is run by Diamond Resorts. The apartments are close to the Lagomonte and Jupiter/Saturno/Marte hotels. There is a restaurant attached (Lakeside) and bar/restaurants nearby, most of them fairly typical Brit places. Can't say a great deal about the place other than it has most things you might expect - entertainment, pool, fitness centre. Mosquitoes are very likely to be an issue, so make sure of plug-ins for the apartment. There is a large supermarket (Eroski) just down the road which sells them and of course pretty much everything else.
Thanks Andrew

royboy, can I ask that you turn off your CAPS lock when posting please? It is regarded as shouting on the internet.

Thanks.

luci :wave
Hi, I haven't stayed in the apartments but have to recommend the lakeside restaurant on site. I have been there loads of times and always had really good food. (ate there last night-delicious as always!)The owners are really friendly. The quality of the food reflects the price, but they also do 'menu del dia' offers which are good value.
The apartments are situated overlooking a large lake, Mozzies love me and so I was worried being near the water eating outdoors last night, but only a quick blast with repellant and no bites thankfully. If you are prone to being bitten like me, then do use repellant, better to be safe than sorry. My husband is lucky and very rarely gets bitten without any protection from the little blighters!
There is also a nice bar/restaurant called 'the Jolly Roger' opposite the lake. If you have kids it's nice, as it has a pool for use whilst you are dining/drinking.
There is a huge variety of other restaurants only a few minutes walk from the Garden Lago apartments so you will be spoiled for choice.
I hope you have a wonderful time! :sun2
sorry luci, always have typed with caps will try
Garden Lago: Stayed in Garden Lago hotel last two weeks in August 08. Hotel was fine but the real problem is mosquitos. As I write this review I am suffering from my fifth heaviy infested mosquito bite. I have had to go to hospital twice because of the bites and am on my second course of antibiotics. We took all the anti mosquito precautions including sprays and creams none of which worked. Yet the whole family was bitten. Turned into a holiday from hell. I am still suffering the consequences. Strongly recommend travellers to avoid going to Alcudia until this mosquito problem is sorted. :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.