Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
:D Hi

We were going to book into the Playa Garden Apartments in Playa De Muro this Summer on advice of a friend but thought they seemed quite expensive for self catering. However, my friends visited this hotel last summer and were most impressed and said that they would be going to book to go there this summer as there was all sorts of things going on and a beautiful place to boot.

Sadly my friends split up in January so won't be going now. It could not have been too far away from Alcudia though as Nigel walked from his hotel just outside Alcudia to the Playa Garden which they said was just more or less next door. Taxi's appear to be regular as are the buses and reasonable in price.

Hope this helps

Ps log onto http://www.gardenhotels.net and this should display features on all the playa hotels belonging to this group which I believe is jewish.

thanks Suzanne 8)
Many thanks, very helpful.

Simon

RanbySue wrote:
:D Hi

We were going to book into the Playa Garden Apartments in Playa De Muro this Summer on advice of a friend but thought they seemed quite expensive for self catering. However, my friends visited this hotel last summer and were most impressed and said that they would be going to book to go there this summer as there was all sorts of things going on and a beautiful place to boot.

Sadly my friends split up in January so won't be going now. It could not have been too far away from Alcudia though as Nigel walked from his hotel just outside Alcudia to the Playa Garden which they said was just more or less next door. Taxi's appear to be regular as are the buses and reasonable in price.

Hope this helps

Ps log onto http://www.gardenhotels.net and this should display features on all the playa hotels belonging to this group which I believe is jewish.

thanks Suzanne 8)
Hi

We are going to the Playa Gardens from the 26th June, all the reports seem good that i have read and heard.

We are hiring a car from the Airport so can anyone tell us if the hotel is easy to find when we get to Playa De Muro.

Thanks
The Playa Garden Hotel is just outside the main part of Alcudia - it is a bit of a slog to get into Alcudia but busses and taxis are available.

The hotel is near the Albufera wild life reserve (good for bird watching etc). It is near the Albufera Parc hotel as well as a Pins hotel and if memory serves me the Eden hotel. It is an area known a Muro.
The Playa Gardens is on a development with these and little else except a few shops. We had to endure my small children who got hooked on a slot machine hall just opposite the hotel entrance. In saying this it was aminor problem and good surroundings.

The Playa Garden staff were very good - as indeed was some of the Holiday reps - particulary the swim kids instructure - Hayley - my thought the world of her.

The rooms are comfortable - ours was at the back with a balcony that overlooked (side view) Muro beach -which meant that we had quiet when we wanted it.

The only problem we had was just after arrival there was a smell like sewarge - a complaint to the hotel staff seemed to fix it.

Night time entertainment was very good - for a holiday hotel. Given the distance from Alcudia it was worth spending most nights in the complex. Try and get a table on the 'terraced' area in front of the stage and enjoy a meal and a show. Get there in good time tho as it fills up quickly The food was OK and no more expensive than outside.

The pool is separtaed - really into 2 parts but it calims 3 - you swim under a bridge to get to one part. It did need a little more cleaning than it was getting I felt but was not dirty.

I would go again.

To find the hotel head for Alcudia then keep going to on the main drag towards Ca'n Picafort until you go over a bridge that spans a river , by that bridge is the Albefura park hotel - keep going watching on the left for a turn off by some trafic lights - you will see the small cluster of hotels and buildings that surround the complex, the other side of the road is the nature reseve. Parking can be found on the road outside the hotel.

It is probably as close to Can Picafort as to Alcudia - we found the nearest proper supermarket just as you enter Can Picafort
Thanks Mr B

we fly tommorrow
Does anybody have any experiences with this complex? What are the facilites/staff like? IS there anyhting to do in Playa de Muro? Does anybody know any 'good' restaurants in Playa de Muro or Alcudia? :)
Has anybody heard of the Playa Garden apartments in Playa de Muro? Has Anybody stayed in this complex? We fly out on June 7 with 3 adults and a 10 year old. Will it suit us? Any help would be great. Thanks
Hi just got back from Playa de Muro, staying at Playa Garden apartments. We had a great time and have added my review but if anyone has any question, please ask.
:D :D
Hi

Does anyone have an e-mail address for these apartments and I need to contact them.

Also has anyone stayed recently. Any info helpful.

thanks
We have reviews of these apartments Click Here to view
Thanks for that Glynis.

Reviews look good.

Anyone able to help with the e-mail address?
Went to Playa Garden last year had a fantastic holiday and will definitely return, thinking of booking for this summer.

They have a web site:
http://www.gardenhotels.com

Hope this helps.
Big thanks Gem2006 - that is just what I need.

Good to hear you enjoyed the hotel and would go again. That is a good recommendation. I am so excited now. :D
My husband and our 2 children(6,15) are due to go here in July can anyone tell me abit more about playa gardens and surrounding areas. Thanks :)
Hi spikey 75
We stayed at the playa garden apartments last year. The apartments are very nice with plenty of room. The entertment is first class the best we have every had, they put on super shows everynight. These apartments are a bit remote not a lot to do day or night. Not a lot of choice for eating 3 or 4 resturants Cala picafort is only 5 mins away by bus which run on a regular timetable.nice place to vist lovely front to walk along on a night with loads of places to eat. we ate here every other night. Good market to. Alcuidia is only 10 mins by bus this is also a good place to go. Playa gardens are near a nature reserve so watch out for the mosquitos we got eaten alive. Hope you have a great time :D
Hiya thanks for your review and advice. Used to the mosquitos spent alot of time in South Africa so will be taking the faithful plug in!! and repellant. Not bothered about quiet my kind of HOL!!
Hi

Has anyone been to these apartments this year? If so can you tell me if Sarah and her team are still their? (entertainment staff) :)

Many thanks
Bluey
HI - we are going to these apartments on 9 July Bit concerned about the Mosquitos. Are they really bad and what is the best repellant to use?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.