Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
There is an old wooden train that goes from Palma to Soller going through the Tramontana Mountains. From Soller you can then get the tram to Port Soller.

We were in Port Soller in May - went on the tram but didn't go on the train to Palma. They did look rather lovely - certainly like travelling back in time.

Hope this helps.

Pippa
Was going to say Soller - very old train from memory (I think I was 7 or 8)
there is also a train from palma to inca which is a more modern train than the one to soller.chuck.
We did the day trip that you start on a bus then go on a boat and end up getting the old train back to Palmer. It was a very nice day out. It felt as if the train was going really fast because it was so rickety and it goes through about thirteen tunels. It was really good fun.
Cheers
Anne
Try this link for info on the Palma to Soller Train We did it a couple of years ago on an organised trip which included the train stopping for a few minutes above the valley so you can get the most fantastic photos
Hope this helps
http://www.sollernet.com/trendesoller/en1.html
Partyanne - you are right and I remember that boat trip VERY well - I don't think there was a single person on it that didn't have their head over the side crying "Huey"!

I can distinctly remember having a little laugh (as children do) at all the green faces till it hit me and I joined in :rofl
Bad Luck the day we went it was great no one was sick. In fact we did a few boat trips while we were there and the weather was wonderful my only regret was that I could not join the people swimming of the boat. (not very good swimmer) as it looked so invinting. I would do the trip again.
Cheers
Anne
Everyone should do this train journey! :D
It is wonderful, great fun and you can admire the stunning mountains ( when you come out of the tunnels!)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.