Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Would have thought that they have to honour it.

I believe that once you have been given a confirmed quote in writing and paid a deposit, they have to stick to the price unless a change in VAT rate or other government tax forces them to change it.

Mark :D
I agree Mark, but smb needs to check the small print in their booking conditions, I wouldn't be surp[rised if they have some kind of 'get out' clause.

Kath
Ring Ros Fernihough first thing Monday morning. She is a travel law lawyer who assists our members and will give you free advice.

Ros can be reached on 01922 621114
many thanks to everybody who has taken the time to assist me. i will give ros a ring on monday morning. regards brian.
Let us know how you get on!!!
i phoned ros this morning and there is nothing i can do. they are within their rights to cancel the holiday even if its there fault :twisted: . needless to say i wont be using this travel agent ever again which will be their loss as they have had a fortune from me over the last few years. ros did say make sure you get your holiday booking in writing or its their word against yours as i booked over the phone. also make sure you use your visa to make the payment. regards brian.
My son and several friends had a similar experience 2-3 summers ago. They were quoted a price over the phone during initial conversations then subsequently booked the holiday to find the price was higher. They paid this higher price before telling me what happened.

I contacted company and asked for a transcript of the recorded conversation. Within 48 hours they agreed to honour the lower, initially quoted price. Strangely, they also said the tapes of the conversation had been since "overwritten".

Check if the agaent with whom you booked (or the t0our operator the agent spoke with) records telephone conversations. If so, ask for a transcript. You may get somewhere.
Good Luck.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.