Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
John Makes a very good point :)
Considering more than 70 million Turks survived the blast, I would say Turkey is quite safe. Getting harmed in such a blast, by this calculation, is not even one in a million.

In Ankara (where I live), 4 million people are going about their business as if nothing happened (except the people whose relatives got injured and the businesses in the blast area which have to replace broken windows, I suppose). I wouldn't even know of it, had I not watched the evening news.

My condolences to the families of the dead.
Well, in reply to "John makes a very good point." I wish I'd never bothered. I was making no point, hence a pretty empty post with just the scantest details and a link to the news.

Of course I understand that in the grand scheme of things, this particular bomb blast is 'small fry', I just thought people might be interested.

It certainly won't stop me flying on Friday.
I agree with you Pearl, don't let them discourage you.

It's a Turkey forum so what the relevance of what's going on in Lebanon, Kenya and Palestine seems to be a bit 'off-topic' to me.

It didn't seem to me like you were making a political statement but just informing people of what's happening in Turkey.

Enjoy your holiday.
Hyping up terrorist threats and actions damages tourism. I know a couple of families who wont consider travelling there because of last years events and the subsequent media coverage.

I was not having a go at Pearl, mearly agreeing with John that this particular bomb/explosion is one of many which go off daily all over the world.

I like most here will continue to travel to Turkey, as tragic as those events are theres just as much chance of it happening here than anywhere else.
Come off it! I was hardly hyping it up.
I did not say you were? My posts were not directed towards you, mearly stating the point that it damages tourism, even though this bomb was in the capital and not a tourist resort, it will still have an impact.
Most bombs in turkey are meant to damage tourism ,and people who have business interests in turkey have the right to worry about it . But the fact remains that this is a turkey discussion forum and everyone has the right to post the facts and discuss them no matter how damaging they may be .People who travel to turkey have the right to voice there concerns and opinions and make up there own minds they are not going to ,Palestine . Lebanon, or Kenya.

Bluepeterno1
Having heard of the bombs in turkey wont stop us from going,and i am glad that the point has been posted to make us holiday makers aware of the fact of whats going on around us 8)
Having heard of the bombs in turkey wont stop us from going,and i am glad that the point has been posted to make us holiday makers aware of the fact of whats going on around us

totally agree
I also totally agree with what cockney girl said , and as I started off the post about the bomb in Izmir recently that was done to let regulars on this site who might have friends and family there know, so they could contact them if needed.We will still go to Turkey in July as I hope everyone else will who have booked and I hope you all have a lovely holiday. Maggie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.