Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Ca'n Pastilla
24 Posts
C'an Pastilla is at the end of the runway for Palma airport but don't let that bother you, it's an excellent place to go to, and after a while you hardly notice the planes landing and taking off. Actually they become a bit of a feature as you're sitting in a bar watching the sunset with them silhouetted against the sky. Have been there in the summer and Easter, although Easter was quite late when we went,it was very warm. The week before it was freezing...that's the problem with the early season. There are some fantastic fish restaurants in the harbour area to enjoy whatever the weather.
Thanks for that info Hawksteel. I will take some woolly jumpers just in case. :) What is the best way to get from the airport. I was looking at prebooking but they are asking £22 each way which seems a lot for such a short distance.

Those sunsets sound lovely.
The airport is really close by, when we went we just picked up a taxi at the airport.

Planes didn't bother us at all infact it's interesting to watch them coming and going. :lol:

I would imagine it will be fairly quiet in March - it's not a loud resort anyway.
go straight out the airport onto a taxi rank ,cost you about 8 to 10 euro at the most ,loads of taxi`s always there so wouldnt expect you to be waiting
dont forget to ask how much before you get in

as hawksteel has said you wont notice them after a while ,in fact wont be many about really
july /august there is one landing / taking off every minute

its going to be very quiet in march though
Thanks for all that info. We booked the flights today so now just have to find a decent hotel. I think it is the Alexandre that we were looking at. Any suggestions or comments?
Anniematilda don't pre book your taxi as you will pay two or three times what you will pay as if you go straight out the front door to the taxi rank. It should cost you 8 -12 euros. And that's for a taxi ride round the perimeter of the airport. C'an Pastilla is a fantastic place to go despite it's proximity to the airport I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. I hope you have a great time and that your woolly jumpers become excess baggage!
The Brasilia Playa is a very good apart/hotel right on the front, beautiful sea views from all apartments, and right on the beach.

Lovely waking up to the sound of the waves and they lull you off to sleep. Id recommend it highly, and I think (Glynis????) enjoyed it too. (if I remember correctly?)

Agree with the others, just get a taxi at the rank outside the airport, you are only about 5 minutes away!
I have stayed at Brasilia and it was fine - good location over looking the beach.

However if I went back I think I'd go for the Luz Marina (Marina Luz) hotel Click Here as it always gets brilliant reviews.

http://www.alpharooms.com can do bookings for here and from 10th -17th March is approx £250 for 2 people half board.
Ohhh Glynis thanks for that! I'll be in CP in August and that hotel looks lovely!

Did like the Brasilia Playa but its always nice to try somewhere different, specially if someone else recommends it. :D
Thanks very much for all your help.

After reading all the reviews on this site we settled for the Alexandra. £180 March 4 -11, two people, half board. Sounds like a bargain to me. :D

I can't wait for the peace and quiet and I believe there are some lovely walks along the coast too.
Glad to hear you got sorted anniematilda
Hi I have been to Can Pastilla several times during November and March - I am actually going again on 7th feb, my friend is also there as we speak. The planes are absolutley no problem, can honestly say I have never heard them or took any notice of them. The beach is really clean and lovely. Taxi from airport is approximatelt 12 euros (ask first though as drivers have been known to rip you off! What Hotel are you staying in?

The weather could be anything from sun to rain, but it gets cold at night. The good thing about this resort is that is lovely and flat and you can walk for miles without getting tired.

hope this helps

jj
The Anfora (not Anfora beach) is a good hotel to book, bot very big, but with good food, overlooks a small bay by the harbour. The Alexandra is also a good hotel in a good spot.

The food in the Anfiora is quite good also

jj
Hi are there plenty of bars and restaurants in this resort?
Cheers Helen
At that time of year there will be a few bars and restaurants open, The Rodes bar on the sea front is a good bar, although there is not much entertainment at that time olf year. All the big hotels, ie. Leo, Helios, etc. have some good nights though, as the spanish government gfive their pensioners a weeks holiday and so these hotels are all full, so som,etimes they have good shows on. But if you walk along the front you will find somwe bars and restaurants. If you like fish there is a lovely fish restaurant by the harbour.

Can Pastilla is not a lively resort anyuway, but I am sure you will enjoy it.

hope you do
I am looking foirward to going next week.
cheers
jill
Thanks for that, if we opt for there it will be mid May so it should be fairly busy then I suppose.
Yes have been in May and it is fine, everything is usually open then. There is a predestrianised promenade with cafe type bars along the seafront at regular intervals. (all with wc's as well which is handy)
Hope you have a good time

jj
I'm getting excited now with only two weeks until we fly out. :D Does anyone know what the weather is doing. I need to know how many woolies I need to pack.

Thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.