Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
can pastilla
24 Posts
Been there twice in the last five years!Nice hotel nice food,crap entertainment though!

The Rat Pack Bar is a good laugh just along the road.
Bus stop to Palma is just outside the hotel cheap as chips but very crowded!
Lovely beach and the walk along the front to Arenal is a good way to spend the evening.
Have a nice time i love this place!! :tup
thanks for that,i think we,ll find our own entertainment
I absolutely love Can Pastilla - we've stayed in the Brasilia Playa twice now (just across fromt the Leo).

Dont know if its any interest to you but the "new" (well two years old now) aquarium is within walking distance from you at the far end of the resort - its fantastic and well worth a visit!

Lots of lovely restaurants along the front but remember if you go down the side streets they will be cheaper.

Also worth a bus ride into Arenal for the rib restaurant on the front - georgous (sorry forgotton its name but Im sure someone there will tell you if you ask!).

Agree that if you are looking for "British" entertainment its thin on the ground - but this is exactly why we LOVE this resort! :wave:
it,s sounding like we made the right decision,not to keen on some hotel entertainment,
and we try to keep away from most of the brit dominated resorts and bars,
had never even heard of this resort until my wife found it,,
really looking forward to a quiet relaxing holiday with some warm weather,fingers crossed
just to add ..your post mentions cycle hire

There is a lot of these about ,all cheap as chips and there is a cycle track all the way from Can Pastilla right into Palma (along the coast so excellent scenery and most of it flat so not hard work at all )
thanks for the tips so far,much apprciated
just got back from this excellent clean and friendly resort,would certainly recomend this place to anyone,
if you want noisy rowdy gangs and music blaring out at all times go somewhere else,
this is a relaxing place and just what we was looking for,never even heard let alone saw any yobbish behaviour,
Glad you had such a good time Stivvy. Totally agree with what you say on Can Pastilla :wave:
Glad to hear you enjoyed your hols :cheers
Did you hire any bikes then ?
Glad you had a good time
yes on several occasions,from a shop round the corner from the leo hotel,opposite the helios,
it,s called veska bike hire brilliant and friendly guy, only cost 5 euros a day,
if you rent 1 try and get a red type called panther very comfy,
i think palma is a better place to visit than barcelona,my favourite city
We went years ago and loved it, the square where the retired men sit and chat, its likea real little spanish town
We're thinking of going to Ca'n Pastilla next year as it sounds like our type of resort. I read somewhere that it's only half a mile from the end of the runway at Palma Airport. Does anyone know if you get much aircraft noise?
Ive been there three times and i have never been bothered with aircraft noise infact its great lying on the beach watching the various planes fly overhead.Trust me you dont hear them at all!!! Go there its great :tup
So it's not loud enough that you can't hear yourself speak? :really
No you cant really hear them at all :cheers
Agree with Stitchly ,not a problem at all
Different levels of noise as well depending on if they take off out to sea or not (you dont notice it as much when taking off inland)

Its not a problem though
Many thanks for your replies. We'll go ahead and book it.
agree with everyone else,some slight noise depending on which way the planes land and take off,
but nothing intrusive,no need to worry at all about this issue,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.