Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
The obvious place based on your requirements would probably be Playa den Bossa. It is VERY close to the Airport (ie right under the flightpath :? ) however a lot of people who stay there say after a while you don't notice the aircraft. It has a nice beach and is fairly flat. However it is fairly close to Ibiza town and I believe can be quite lively at the times you are going.

Most of the main resorts are no more than about 45 minutes from the airport so the choice there is wide open.

San Antonio Bay could be an option (Note the BAY side not the town side)

Unfortunately some of the other options (Es Cana and Portinax) are quite hilly in places.

Santa Eulalia is a quite an upmarket option. It is not a "manufactured" resort - in that it is also a commercial centre for the area with good shops, very good restaurants and beach.
hi i can recommend es cana,my youngest was 2 when we first went,i didnt find it hilly particularly.there is the added bonus of a mini funfair to keep the little ones amused,could recommend the es cane appartments (first choice) absolutley spotless which is a must with kids.loads of child friendly restaurants with the usuall nuggets,fishfingers etc. charlies bar is good for entertainment if you like robbie tributes etc.we went to santa eulalia this year which we enjoyed,but escana is better for kids. :) mo
You could try Cala Llonga. Nice beach, enough restaurants and bars and no lager louts.
Thank you all for the recommendations - I'll check them out (will give Playa den Bossa a miss though Scoop - not my cup of tea being that close to the airport)

One thing I did forget to ask was - what is tranport from the airport to these places like? Are trains/buses readily available or are we better off hiring a car?
Ibiza doesn't actually have a railway system. As I said earlier most parts of the Island are reachable in about 45 minutes by road (either North - south or East West) It is very compact and fairly easy to get about.

Don't know what public transport is available from the Airport but taxis are for sure available.

If you are confident about the car hire I would go that way - It also gives you a chance to get around and see the rest of the Island.

There are some earlier posts on this board about taxis/car hire and buses from the Airport.
Thank you all for the recommendations - I'll check them out (will give Playa den Bossa a miss though Scoop - not my cup of tea being that close to the airport)

I think people make to much of this for Playa Den Bossa, we have been two years running now, u dont even notice the planes after an hour or so, dont worry, the wheels dont touch your head as they come in to land!! :roll:
What about S'Argamassa. It's in between Es Cana and Santa Eualalia.
Haven't been for about 18 years but do remember it was lovely (I think it was sort of residential with just a few bars) with easy access to Es Cana if you want it a bit livelier.
I too would like to recommend Es Cana, we had a lovely family holiday there last year, it was rowdies free and very child friendly. Our favourite bar was Rio's, it is up a slight hill going out of the resort. They had nightly quizzes, karaoke, and bingo. The only downfall was that there was a lot of rubbish in the sea, so we tended to use the pool. There were plenty of places to eat and they were all reasonably priced. We would definately go again.

Sue :) :)
Thanks - I'll also check out your recommendation Parga
Es Cana for me. We have had several family holidays there with our youngest 3 years of age the first time there. Last went 2 years back with kids now 21 and 14 but still the best place to be.
Further to my earlier posts, I would also choose Es Cana. My only reservation would be your comment about wanting somewhere flat. As others have posted, they consider it not very hilly. Along the seafront it is indeed flat, however there is a hill on one of the main roads and also out of the resort up to the Hippy Market location.

I suppose "steepness" is relevant to the individual. My elderly Mother who has been to Es Cana a few times wouldn't consider it now due to ill health restricting her walking, which would to some extent reduce her enjoyment of the resort.
i think it depends where you stay,my 85 year old father would go back tommorow,he has stayed at the panorama marina on the seafront. but he has trailed up to the hippy market and funfair etc.i honestly dont think hills are an issue.and i dont think the many family who visit do either.if you want hills.try trecking up to the hotel siesta in santa eulalia,we were there in june,i would call that a hill :shock: in the heat :) mo
Thanks guys - as long as it's reasonably flat it'll be OK (we don't have any walking problems, I was just thinking for pushing the buggy on a hot day)
we loved it when we went to stay in es cana, the kids had a fab time and its one of the best holidays we have ever had.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.