Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Why not stay in one of the villages just in from the coast, Alhaurin el Grande is a good example .. plenty to do, close to the coast, beautiful scenery and peaceful.

There are many web sites with self catering properties with swimming pools some have hot tubs too!!

Good luck and have a lovely holiday

edit note
Advert removed by moderator
It depends if you want to be near beach and restaurants etc or isolated. Alhaurin is about 40 mins from the coast and you will need to hire a car.
I dont think you can describe it as isolated! We live in Alhaurin and it is just 30 minutes to coast our son works in Calahonda and he gets to work in 25 minutes.

You would need a car but it is worth it to enjoy the beautiful scenery and not to be in the hustle and bustle of the coast.
I doubt anyone could do that journey in 25 mins especially in July it could easily take an hour. Agree about the scenery but as I said it depends what sort of holiday they want.
Yes would have to agree with Jacky.

Although a hot tub sounds like just the ticket at this time of year, not sure it would be bearable in the summer.

If you head for one of the coastal resorts ie Fuengirola or Benalmadena, you will find everything easily accessible and can organise excursions if required to typical Spanish towns.

Hope this helps.
Try looking at the coast side The you have the best of both worlds. You can drive up to the mountain villages, and you also have the beach and other activities at your doorstep.

Try http://www.costaless-holidays.com

They are a private owned apartment in the Mijas costa area. Miraflores. 2 bedroom/2bathroom. In a secure complex, with underground parking and large Pool. In a quiet area, close to amenities.

Mijas Costa is quite a central location so you can reach most places. It is in the middle of Fuengirola and Marbella.

The Aztec Club is on the same urbanisation and has lots to offer.
eg) keep fit classes Yoga, Pilates, Bowls, and lots more I think it has a creche (but don't quote me) There is also an outside heated pool for the winter. But you have a pool on the apartment grounds.

I agree with all the others, there is a lot to do and see in the area so a car is a great advantage. Plus with a little one it's always handy. The Airport is 30mins drive from Mijas Costa.

La Cala de Mijas is a nice area with lots of restaurants and shops. I think, it still has a spanish feel. Although in the summer parking can be a problem here. It has a local market on a Saturday selling most things, Nice to walk around but if your going in the summer get there early as it gets very hot.

Hope this is a help. The above apartment is nice, and is quite large and may suit your needs. We like it.

val
Miraflores is lovely and is a great location if you have a car.

If you are not thinking of hiring a car, I still feel you would be much better off on one of the main coastal resorts which have all the facilities ie. regular trains/buses/shopping centres/endless choice of bars/restaurants and good beaches on your doorstep.

Confused? The trouble is there are so many lovely places on the coast to choose from, it's purely a question of preference.
I suggest Belamadena very central easy access to other resorts not too far from the airport lovely beach, only ever been there in winter mso expect July to be pretty hectic, it has a bus bus and train service can be very English in some parts but with a child this may be a good thing, were not very impressed with Fuengerola when there two years ago. found it somewhat dirty and at some nights a lot of trouble, hope you find what your looking for
pojo
WOW! thanks for all the suggestions.
We don't mind having to hire a car but don't want too long a drive to where we will be based, just incase she's a bit fretful after her flight. That's the baby, not my friend!!! :lol:
Mijas Costa area sounds nice - we'll look into that and and also perhaps Benalmedena. Not too sure about Feungirola - it doesn't sound my cup of tea.

Thanks again
Los Boliches is a good resort, not far from the airport 25mins, no hills to climb,bars and restrunts and two villages 10mins car ride,we use a english lady to pick us up from the airport, any more info please email me,regards. :lol:
Thanks Stan will add that one to the list, along with Nerja as someone has also suggested that to us now.
Looks like I'll be very busy at the weekend!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.