France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
You may have left it too late for anywhere particularly special on Corsica as it's heaving with French and Italians .............. but it is very beautiful - I spent a long week touring 2 years ago in May and it was spectacular (but slow driving in the mountaineous interior).

Turkey will be cheaper, hotter and probably will have more availability. Although the distance from the UK is further in terms of air travel, it is less expensive!! Without wishing to sound prejudiced, I think you will find that Turkey is more flexible in its ability to welcome UK visitors than Corsica.
I've been to Kalkan a couple of times (not to stay - I stayed further around the coast in Kas) and it's a great little place, though in the past ten years there has been a fair bit of development. Still gorgeous though.

Never been to Corsica but it's been a dream of mine for a long time to go. I think either place would be fab, but as a previous poster says, you probably have more chance of finding somewhere in Turkiye now. :)
Having just returned from Corsica (Porto Vecchio) I would advise that you go to Turkey. Don't get me wrong, the beaches in the southern part of the island are really beautiful and the Corsican people are polite and friendly. The weather was very poor while we were there 2 weeks ago and no-one can help that but we thought it was terribly expensive. A beefburger in one of the beach bars at Polombaggia was 19 euros and coffees and drinks really pricey. We were self catering in a villa and even the shopping for that was very expensive compared to Spain or Turkey and we felt that choice was surprisingly limited. You don't enjoy your holiday as much if you are constantly checking prices. We found that a pizza and a soft drink for the 3 of us together with a shared green salad was usually the equivalent of £40 - £45 and this was in a modest restaurant, nothing fancy.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.