France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
I went to that area a couple of years back. It is certainly beautiful but in high season it is very difficult to drive anywhere. The roads get clogged quickly by the coast and the towns fill up so parking is impossible once you get there. We never actually got to Cap D'agde as the twice we tried the traffic jam was 4 miles before the town!
Thank you for your reply. So you haven't heard anything about this body of stale water, which is rumored to be stinking? Pardon, I have no idea what this Etang De Thau is. :shock:
There are lots of etangs along that stretch of coast. They are basically inlets full of brackish water. I suppose being very shallow they porbably do get a bit pongy when it gets warm. We never ventured that far over so didn't experience it.
I went there as a teenager . first holiday with my friends. lovely beach . dont remember a lot more and there probably wasnt a lot more back then other than the big nudist complex which as teenagers was most amusing :roll: is that stll there??. its what Cap D Agde was famous for !!! although one thing I do remember was we had a couple of big downpours and we had to wade back though thigh deep water back to our campsite because the water didnt drain away :(

lyn
Yes, the nudists are still there. Their beach is on the left (if standing in the sea and looking towards Agde) :oops: you don't think I'm going to Agde for nudist experience, do you?
well you could be John :lol: obviously there are plenty that do judging by the size of the place back then even. ah such memories. my friends and I were 17 when we went there, im 43 now so shows you how long ago that was and we thought it was hilarious , we walked onto their beach in our cozis of course weaving in and out of the nudists playing volleyball walked into the centre of the complex , browsed around their shops and sat down in their resturant , we were the only ones with clothes on but we werent questioned :shock: even the chefs were cooking naked. crikey what brave girls we were back then.

lyn
What brave chefs they were as well!!! :lol:
Cap D'Agde naturist quarter is live and well.
All the people working either in shops, restaurants or bars are clothed so you won't see naked chefs there.
It is a great naturist destination shame there aren't more accepting nations.
well they certainly wernt simon when my friends and I sat down in there for drinkies 27 years ago :D . Definately no mistaking:shock: but now of course we have "health and safety" gosh was it really that long ago :(
Agde

Lovely old town

Part of the area is given over to Naturists YES even in town

Don't bother with Montpellier (Pavalas) campsites are quite :cry:
Maguelone Abbye is worth a trip

go the other side Marseillan Plage is beautiful and on the supposedly smelly Etang -- not smelt anything in years

got some pictures here
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.