Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Car seat hire?
4 Posts
I offer a baby equipment hire service here in Cyprus but didn't recall having any links to the Canaries so did a quick search and so far the companies I've located mainly appear to concentrate on buggies/strollers and cots.

We find car seats and travel cots are our most popular items so it makes me wonder why I'm not finding many car seats on offer for FUE. It makes me think the car hire companies do supply them...

I've found one company that offers car seats and although the basic hire price is a little higher than we advertise, the deposit prices are off-putting at the weekly rental fee x 2. So basically, a car seat for 1 week would cost 75 EUR whereas in comparison the same would cost 38.50 EUR here.

Depending how long you needed the seat for, it may be the car hire company is the cheaper option?
Jacquih wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows on anyone who can help with a car seat on arrival at Fuerteventura airport? The company I booked with didnt have any way of prebooking our carseat in when we booked and now are trying to charge £70 for it. Any advice would be great, thanks.

It's a pity you've already booked because the reputable local companies offer car seats free of charge. You book the car online, with car seat, and don't even have to pay for the car until you pick it up.

Do you have the option to cancel your booking, with a refund?
Same as Sunaddict says , I use Autoreisen when in Lanzarote , ( they cover other Canary Islands too ) and they provide free child and baby seats , you submit your requirements when requesting a quote / booking , they also allow free additional driver , I have just booked 7 days hire for £79 ( 5 dr Seat with AC )

My advice , check the cancellation T&CS and book with someone who offers sensible service and sensible prices !!! For £70 I imagine you get to keep the seat :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.