Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Our house is in Catral although we are closer to the nearby town of Dolores. It is 25 minutes drive from Alicante Airport, 15 minutes to the blue flag beaches of Guardamar and 15 minutes in the opposite direction to the Natural Park in the Sierra Crevillent. Catral is on the edge of El Fondo natural park with its abundance of wildlife.
Both Catral and Dolores are small towns which remain relatively undeveloped and retain their Spanish character. There are plenty of bars, most of which serve tapas, and a few restaurants and pizzerias catering mainly for locals and the few foreign (mainly Brits) visitors or residents.
Evening entertainment is virtually non-existant. For that you will need to travel to Torrevieja a 30 minutes drive away. Quesada with its large number of eating places is about 15 minutes away but this is a purpose built town mainly for northern Europeans and is totally devoid of anything Spanish.
About 2 km from Catral is a railway station on the Murcia-Alicante line and there is a very limited bus service about which I can find out more if you like.
This area is ideal for chilling out but for anything more you will need to travel further afield and a car is the best way to do this.
Hope this helps.
Jim
thanks jim, your info is very helpful. I would be most interested in finding out about the bus and train service, where we get them and they actually go to. Can we get to a beach using public transport?

Many thanks

Karen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.