Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Frank.
I'm sure you could do that, as it wouldn't be 'cheating' as the Hotel would be getting the money for 2, and not have to provide any services for 1 person.
Have you tried booking for 1 person for 1 week and 2 people for the other week? if you know what I mean? :roll: so you would only have to pay for 2 people for 1 week.

Lizzie
:D Hi, Have you thought of booking direct with the hotel, this may work out cheaper? Regards, BBB
Hi Wigan Frank, have you tried any other sites that deal with this hotel? Perhaps if you could let us know on the forum what the hotel is called and the dates then others may be able to help.

Sue :) :)
Normally if you book a hotel room accommodation only then the price is per room rather than per person, therefore the price stays the same for 1 person or 2 people. What it's probably giving you Frank is a single room booking and that may only be available for 1 of the 2 weeks.

We recently went to Majorca and booked 2 apartments. There were 2 people in one apartment and 1 person in the other. The price was the same for each apartment. The apartments actually slept 4 people so in effect we could have had 4 people in the one apartment for the same price.

Try putting it in for 2 people. They may not even ask you for the 2nd persons name. It's no difference to them whether or not the 2nd person shows up as the room is paid for. :wink:
Hi everybody

Just realised I never got back to people on this.

The hotel is the Levante Club and the period concerned is 15 to 29 August. At the time concerned, the price was £687ish per person for two weeks and £516 for one person for a week.

As I now can't afford to go for two weeks I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and pay for a week. I'd normally wait and get it on a late deal but as First Choice now take bookings for kids there it appears to be selling out fast.

I tried booking it through some accommodation sites but was being quoted silly money. One site was asking £108 per night! I've tried booking with the hotel directly before and that also worked out more expensive than a package. I suspect the hotel varies its prices as its website asks for your home address before it gives you a quote.

Anyway, thanks for your advice everybody - I shall bear it in mind for next year!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.