Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I think Condor are the Belgium Thomas Cook. :que
paradiselover,

Condor are operating some flights from Manchester this year as part of Thomas Cooks restructuring. They offer comparable service as Thomas cook with it being their sister airline.

Jay Trip wrote:
I think Condor are the Belgium

German.

Darren
Hiya,
Thanks for your replies,

Why is it not on Machester airport timetable though? As far as I can see there is only one flight from Manchester on the 8th May and it is operated by Thomas Cook and it leaves at 10.00. There is no record of one leaving at 11.45 by Condor. This is what I don't understand!

Kind regards

Anne
paradiselover,

They are, but they're marketed under Thomas Cook, not Condor. You'll probably find the flight is actually operated by Thomas Cook on one of their Airbus A330-200's, rather than Condor. It's mainly short / medium haul they're baxing aircraft for, not long haul. It's just being sold / marketed via Condor in this case. They're all the same group so it matters little really, it's the same flight. Airport timetables aren't always accurate with charter airlines.

Darren
Hiya Dazbo,

So does this mean the flight leaves at 11.45? Tropical warehouse said it definitely leaves at this time but everywhere else it states 10.00?

Kind regards

Anne
paradiselover,

I'm not in a position to look at details at the moment as I'm not in the office. I would ask for a flight number from them, but St Lucia flights are operated from MAN with TCX A332 (the ex-Bmi aircraft) so it's the Thomas cook flight, the only flight to St Lucia from MAN.

Darren
Hiya dazbo,

The flight number for Condor is DE86.

Thanks for your help

Anne
paradiselover,

I don't know why there are two quoted flight times, but from what I can see, the flights are one in the same. The TCX816 / DE86 are listed as both operated by Thomas Cook (UK) so should be the same flight. Condor aren't operating a flight to UVF from MAN.

Darren
Thanks for your help Dazbo as long as both flight numbers exist it does mean there is a flight there

Kind regards
Anne
I got told today by carribean warehouse that the condor flights were more like scheduled (ba/virgin) rather than charter. Ie bigger seat pitch etc. can anyone comment, thank you.
I have flown with Condor many times and I don't think their seats are any bigger than other holidays airlines, I find their economy rather cramped but then so are BA and Virgin. They do offer a premium economy and premium economy plus product (Comfort Class) on some of their longhaul flights and the comfort class seats are roomy and comfortable.

Condor aren't a charter airline, they are based in Germany (were originally the holiday arm of Lufthansa) and have scheuled flights that can be booked online by phone and at travel agents just the same as major airlines.
kazd,

All the aircraft information is on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Condor operate aircraft to the same standards as Thomas Cook. Seat pitch is larger in economy than BA / Virgin on long haul, slightly less on short haul (although that's changing) but there are no complimentary drinks etc. Condor are operating some flights from Manchester this year although it's Thomas Cook aircraft on long haul.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.