Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Sounds as though there may be a stop to pick up passengers en route at another Cuban airport (or simply for refuelling as happened to us at Nassau (Bahamas). This type of stop does not affect the flight as being a 'direct' flight ... you may not even have to deplane. Ask your TO and push for details. It's a bit of a pain, but after a great holiday, you might be glad of a few hours extra kip on the plane ....
Thomas Cook, do round robin flights to Cuba, outbound you will stop at Varadero, to let passengers staying there get off, you have two - three hours in the airport dept lounge - then you reboard along with the passengers going home from Varadero, you then reland in Holguin, and you disembark and they stay on the plane waiting for the Holguin passengers going home to board.

Hope Ive explained myself properly - its not as bad as people think.
Thnx for the replies. Unlucky the ones travelling with Thomas Cook. 16 hours from Cuba to Gatwick. Then they flying to Amsterdam after that. Ouchy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.