Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
hi,we went to the elpaso last october for the halloween period,and we have booked for october 2007 for 2 weeks at el paso.the beach club thing has annoyed me :evil: as the 3 hotels (port aventura also)all belong to the theme park,and as you say the price difference is minimal between the two hotels.i have emailed the team at portaventura to ask why the guests of el paso are excluded,and they didnt know really,but they said that they would see how it goes this year and may well include all the hotels the year after.i think the reasoning behind it is the costa caribe and the hotel port aventura do a lot of corporate work,holding conventions etc,and elpaso is only open for the summer season may-oct with mostly families with children.the thing that has persuaded me to stick with el paso is the halloween theme/entertainment is much better at the elpaso,weve been before and we know we like it. lets face it this new beach club is supposed to have quite a few bars and restauraunts,and i would be suprised if the people staying at the other hotels would provide enough profit,especially if they are at the theme park for long periods.anyway both hotels are a good choice :) mo
thanks for your reply, i think you could be right it will prob only be a matter of time before the el paso is included, who did you book with ?
eclipse direct,got the price online and then phoned them,you can then pay a low deposit of £30 per person,the rest of the deposit in jan 07 if booking for next year.got 2 free child places interconnecting rooms etc. :) mo
We went to the El Paso at the end of last summer, and also booked with Eclipsedirect. I couldn't beat their price.

It's a great hotel. I haven't stayed at the Caribe, but we did walk up there to have a look around. It also looked very nice. I would say you couldn't go wrong with either of these hotels. The unlimited theme park access is well worth having.

I'd be interested in any feed back on the new beach club when people have been as my kids want to go back sometime and I would like to know what it comprises off.

Whichever one you choose Enjoy. :D
if you dont mind me asking mobeckwith, how much did you pay ? my kids will be 13 and 7 then so oldest one will counts as an adult and it is showing as about 3200 for next july from manchester, thanks
sorry another question mobeckwith, when did you book ? i have just gone into eclipse direct and priced it again and they are looking for a 520.00 deposit ???
caits

I think if you book with eclipse on the net you pay a large deposit, but if you book with eclipse by telephone you pay a small deposit (goodness knows why there's a difference :roll: )

It's probably worth giving them a ring to see if this is still the case.
hi,just booked about 10 days ago,we are going tuesday october 16th for 2 weeks to the elpaso,ive paid approx "£2300 we are 2 adults and 4 children so we have to have 2 rooms,so we get 2 free child places,so in effect we pay 4 adult prices,but bare in mind that if you book a few days before the school holidays it is always cheaper(sorry ive just checked the price and that is booking a few days before mine finish).if you went in october ie same dates etc it would cost you £1675 quite a difference i know the weather cant be guarenteed, but i thought it was hot enough trailing around the theme park,i dont think i would have liked it much hotter.yes you have to ring up and ask for the low deposit,but its no problem. good luck mo :)
We went to Salou after skiing in Andorra last March/April, I would recommend the hotel Villa Romana, 4* food excellent, 10 min walk to Port Adventura, only across road from resort hotel. Book with Alpharooms, cheap flights to Reus, 1/2 hr away. Had a great week, hotel cost £800 FULL BOARD for 3 rooms and 6 ad 3 kids. Excellent! Look out for theme park vouchers at airport/car hire/McDonalds/Burger King.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.