Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Crete 2007
12 Posts
Give Stalis a try busy resort but great atmosphere but not over the top.
Rick
Thanks Juggernaut. Rather fancied Stalis in the brochure but wasn't sure. We don't mind a busy resort as long as its not overrun with nightclubbers.
Try Hersonissos, our rather the outskirts on the eastern side. I would thorougly recommend the link below, we have used this hotel twice. They have their own pool, excellent rooms and also bungalows on site. Their meals are excellent. There is a pathway to their own private beach. There are also other beaches close by namely Meltemi which also has an excellent taverna.

http://www.kingminospalace.com
Not exactly sure there are any nightclubs in Stalis as such, most of the younger ones just head for Malia for the clubbing.
Rick.
We are 40 & 39 and like the same as you. We are going to Elounda in 5 weeks have you thought about this resort? :D
Stopped over in Elounda a few times while visiting friends and it really is a nice place but! it is very very quiet at night too quiet for me I do want a bit of life when I'm out at night and I could end going to sleep there at midnight with boredom.
Rick.
I would suggest Stalis Helen T. The are some excellent restaurants and good laughs in the bars. O'Dwyers is a good lively spot, whist you can indulge yourself in a bit of "plate smashing" after an authentic meal in the Cretian restaurant. If you wish to have some wild nights, then Malia is only 15min walk away. Likewise Hersonissos is roughly the same distance in the opposite direction.
Try the Greek night, touristy, but very entertaining.
Kalives is nice - very traditional and pretty with easy access to Chania / pretty villages in the mountains and lovely beaches :lol:
Thanks everyone! I rather like the look of Stalis but I'll have a good browse through the brochures when they start to arrive.
we are both 49, and like yourselves are just about past clubbing ! , you should love stalis, plenty of bars, tavernas and assorted nationality restaurants, its lively there without being too brash or over the top.
its also a great base for exploring the island with a couple of superb excursion agencies. hope you enjoy santorini, we visited for a day last year from crete, oia the village at the extreme north of island offer the most amazing views i have ever seen, awesome !. robbie
I agree Stalis is great, we went last year and enjoyed every moment of it, our age range was 50-53.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.