Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
I would say Stalis , loads of shops near the beach and goods pubs and lots of places to eat. Quiter than Malia where all the young people go.
Dont go to Amoudara as they will get bored there
here on Crete,
but not so in the main tourism areas
but also not out of the world
in Sfakaki, 12 km east of Rethymnon town and 68 km to the airport of Heraklion>

Northcoast of Crete, SFAKAKI,which has been former called Stavromenos,straight at the sandy beach and NOT in an busy tourism area there is situated the family run property,at the beach of CRISI AMO = Golden Sand.
Several houses on a 6.000 m/2 ground with STUDIOS,HOLIDAYAPARTMENTS and 2 FLATS, 80 + 90 m/2,one with 100 m/2 terrace at the sea, sweet water pool,breakfast room + terrace, snack bar, a small childrens playing ground and parking are available.
In a distance of maximum 500 m you will find 5 typical familytaverns, small shops, 2 supermarkets, a petrol station and the bus stop with a lot of connections to RETHYMNON town, 12 km distance.
The surrounding, large olive groves, 2 typical villages in 2 and 3 km, a monastery,landscape,possibilities for walking,for to get an idea of real Crete.
STUDIOS, one room, for 2 or 3 guests, with kitchenette,fridge,bathroom and balcony
APARTMENTS with the same equipment and 1 separate bedroom for 2 up to 6 people
FAMILY APARTMENTS - 46 m/2 - for up to 6 guests,1 bedroom,other beds in combined living room,private facilities + balcony
2 FLATS in the 1. floor both, the one with 3 bedrooms + 2 bathrooms,living room with kitchenette, balconies,for up to 8 people, the other one straight at the beach with 2 bedrooms,a big living room with another beds, also 2 bathrooms,and a terrace of 100 m/2 für up to 7 guests
Hot water with solar energy

Some of the STUDIOS + APARTMENTS are possible for wheelchairdrivers, please request details,meter + more.
NEW: LAUNDRY service will pass by and wash everything ,delivery back at least at the next day ! ! !

for more details and information please contact me
Nicolas
Hersonissos should do the trick.

Plenty of self catering options, restaurant and bars and unfortunatly McDonalds. I find the best beaches are on the eastern end. For the ones that do not like the beach there is Star Beach. It suits all ages.

There are bus services west to Heraklion and East to Ag Nik, Malia and Stalis

Just do some google searches for Hersonisos for more information.

Ian
Check out http://www.explorecrete.com for further information on the island
Hello Alison,

Just got back from Crete ourselves and would suggest the resort of Gouves as your base which is laid back with a few bars and some lovely Taverna's as you both need a break as well dont you!. This would allow you and your two sons to go into Hersonisos or even Malia at night for a mad night out or two without you coming home a nervous wreck. Buses run frequently and it cost around £3 return.

You could of course actually stay in Hersonisos I suppose but we found it to be very very busy at night full of young people mainly Dutch and Irish looking for a good time but it is laid back enough during the day to enjoy a stroll.

Best of luck in your search.
Have been to Crete for the last ten years and have stayed in apartments both just outside Rethymnon and just outside Sissi

Camari Gardens - Rethymnon - http://www.camarigarden.com/
Mia Hara - Sissi - http://www.miahara.gr/

Both of these were excellent with good sized pools (Camari has two) and cater for teenagers as well as the young ones. Both are family run and cannot do enough to make your stay enjoyable.

Enjoy
Hey i think hersonissos would be best for u somebody recommended gouves that would definately be too quiet for the boys i think i know some young lads that stayed there and they were coming to hersonissos day and night just to get away from it. Hersonissos hasnt got the best of beaches but there is starbeahc which does have water slides and pools and a nice beach so i would definatly recommend hersonissos. i would not advise malia as i think it would be too mad for you and the boys im 20 years old myself and i go with my sister who is 25 going to hersonissos for the 4th time in two years totally love the place and would reccomend it to anyone
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.