Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Slighty worried about this as will be returning from Dalaman on 14th May, and we certainly can't afford this types of excesses!
My daughter has just flown out and i'm really worried that as she's travelling alone that she wont be prepared and panic if they say she is over (even though she's not planning on buying anything and her luggage wasn't over when she left!! )I have warned her but she's hoping she wont be challenged.Reps really should come into the airport. To be honest the only time i have known reps come in was last year and they were being filmed!!
best fiver i ever spent was for a small set of anglers scales ,i carry them all over thje place with me and weigh my cases leaving and coming back from holiday.

bluepeterno1
Yes I've got one too - blue peter but as others have said how can you prove your scale is right? They're banking on people just accepting it and paying up.
what happens if you refuse to pay up
It is quiet concering if people are being charged for excess baggage when they are not over the limit. Usually im at about 15kg out of the 20kg, and I use up my 5kg hand luggage baggage with a change of cloths and expensive items (just in case suitcases get lost).

If we are asked to pay excess I will certainly pay via Credit Card, and if upon returning home I find my baggage is infact below the limit I shall have the company charge-back on it.
anybody who wants to charge me extra ,will have to prove it to me first , i cannot see it being the case that they have tampered with the scales ,i can see it happening now and again ,but if it is happening on a large scale people will not stand for it, after all it was only a matter of time untill they put a stop to it, most people going to turkey ,including myself have been guilty of getting carried away with all the stuff that can be bought so cheap, coming back from belek last september there was an asian couple with two holdalls each the size of trunks taking on as hand luggage ,and was allowed,honestly they could hardly carry them.we started it ,so its up to us to stop it.

bluepeterno1
i think this stinks,we all go to turkey for our fake goods,we will now be afraid to buy to much in case we go over our baggage alowance,this needs to be sorted out soon,every one needs to report this if it happens to anyone,as soon as they get back from holiday.xx :evil:
Does anyone know of an email address, so that we can voice our concerns and hopefully stop this before the season really gets into its stride?
i think we should be very carefull about sending emails to complain ,we may be opening a can of worms.

bluepeterno1
commerce@atmairport.aero

Is taken from the Dalaman airport web site http://www.atmairport.aero/Dalaman_en/index.php

Dave
dksbbs, thanks for supplying an email :)
bluepeterno1 - could you please explain what you mean when you say can of worms, id like to understand before i send an email.
for all you wishing to let dalaman know what you think of there airport please send them an email, maybe just maybe something might get done fingers crossed

Your views and suggestions about our terminal are important. Please share your complaints, wishes and suggestions with us.

Every information you share with us is of prime importance in our quest for better service to our passengers.

Adress:
ATM Dalaman Airport Construction and Management, Inc.
4870 Dalaman / MUĞLA
Phone: +90 252 792 55 55
Fax: +90 252 792 55 65
E-Mail: commerce@atmairport.aero
well they may just take it into there mind to punish everyone by charging everyone extra ,if we all start sending emails ,i think the best way to handle this is ,first of all making certain your weight is alright at the airport ,by questioning the check in staff and asking them to explain your weight, and if we are correct refuse to pay it ,if every one sticks to there guns something will have to be done about it.solidarity. i think they will just ignore e mails , but that is just my opinion ,and thats the way i will handle it , if it happens to me.

bluepeterno1
I have sent an email, i noted your concerns bluepeterno1, however if nothing is done then surely its just as bad, they will think they can get away with it.

If they increase this alleged activity then news will spread fast with the help of this and other sites.
as i said before i dont think they are going to alter there scales to charge people extra ,if they do something like that they would be leaving themselves open to prosicution .and i can just imagine the international outcry , how would they get into th e.u then. if peoples cases are over then it is there own fault and it is up to them to make sure they are not ,there may be a few isolated incidents , but i cannot see it happening on a large scale, if i am wrong then i will stand corrected ,but they way i will handle it ,is as i have explained before.

bluepeterno1
i've just bought some fishing pocket scales, weighed my case with what i'm taking next friday, it came to 16kg inc case. i also have those large sprts bags, put all my stuff in that and it came to 12kg, so bag it is for me now.
I was looking up Thos.Cook holidays online and noticed that they are charging £30 for extra luggage (5 kg). This apparently is an optional extra per couple, but does that mean you are only allowed 15 kg instead of the normal 20.

Also I have noticed that late deals, pricebreakers have only 15 kg allowed?

There is also notice at Gatwick saying luggage should not be more than 33 kg. :ast year a family in front of us had one huge suitcase with all their things together but were not allowed through with it, she had to break it all up and they put heavy" on it. Not sure if she paid any extra as she had to go to another check-in.

I always weigh my cases on bathroom scales and had no problems.

Barb
:D We arrived home last night we flew with Onur now going out at Newcastle airport it stated baggage allowance 33kg with Onur Airline and ain Dalaman it states Onur Airline 20kg. per person.
It does states if your baggage is over this amount it will be 2 euro's per KG which isnt bad at all.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.