Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
No need to find one - they will find you !!.We did an organised trip so all guides were sorted in advance,but it still didn't stop us being approached.
If you ask at the place you are staying they will have/know someone who will be your guide,other than that a taxi driver will stay with you for the day(fix a price before you book him) this shouldn't break the bank for you either £20-30 maybe?
If you have an idea about Delhi and anything you wish to see then let them know it will make it easier -do a good internet search of what to visit including shopping areas museums and the govenment buildings/parks etc..
Thanks for the info Spike i plan to go to Agra from Delhi by train and then hire a car and driver in Agra to drive to Jaipur. Ithink its about a four hour drive have you any info on the cost or somewhere nice and clean to stop for lunch or to break the journey :?:
No sorry,as i said all was organised for us.Best bet when you get a guide is to ask them for tourist accomodation and restaurants - they never seem to fail on any request.
After visiting Goa,Delhi is an eye opener to the 'real' India,the restaurants we were advised to go in were tourist based (supposedly the food was of a better standard we were told),but saw many local places with western travellers,so can't be too bad.Our accomodation was not over exciting to look at from the outside,but the room was really modern and good quality.
Only wish we had more time there to discover and explore the sites,2 days not long enough in my opinion,if you are booking everything yourselves ,but have fun !! hope others can help you more - Spike.
Well thanks again Spike it will be an adventure anyway and maybe my mistakes will help others.Im enjoying this fourm its nice to have something to do between holidays/adventures.... only jokeing ,well half jokeing :wink:
hello guller what info you cant get from this forum try http://www.indiamike.com
youll find that site very worth while and as addictive as this site
ssharon :lol:
hi
there are lots of places in Delhi and around Delhi to see
the first thing which come to ur mind is...Taj Mahal
its 4-5 hrs frm Delhi by Tourist Bus or Taxi
u have trains frm Delhi to Agra
the people are very mean and wud tell u places of their interest which cud fetch them more money frm u
Hotels and other things u need to book in advance...
try to search Hotels in Delhi and u will get lods of them
See the Red Fort , India Gate, Qutab Minar, Museums and other places in Delhi
its cold in December and u wud enjoy then being there in Summer with temp over 45 degree celcius
its nice if u have a guide, u have less people chasing and harssing u then.
have a nice time in Delhi .
regards
kalpesh
Bigdaddys

PLEASE do not use Phone Text See terms and conditions

wizard
bigdaddys, say hello to bobby and his boys.

Ta Peter
hi Mrs Stella
i will pass on ur regards to Bobby and sanjay and boys at the beach
i have a question , do they know you as Mrs. Stella?
regards
kalpesh
Hi Kalpesh

He will know me as peter and angie, kev and barbs friends.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.