Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Usually between 2minutes and 2 months, there are a few errors with the system at the moment as some people get loads of confirmations some get none, the best thing to do is try to contact DH and confirm payment.
I agree with the comments on the last post- DH seem very hit and miss with their e-mail confirmations. I'd give them a ring. I've booked my seats on 'your seat, your choice' and so far I've had 7 e-mail confirmations of the purchase and I don't go until August :duh
When I paid my balance a few weeks ago- my e-mail was through as soon as I got back to my laptop after putting the phone down.
shirley how come You've been able to book YSYC already . I've been told 6/7 days before :think
Or did you book the priority type .
Hi Lyn, we decided (against the grain) to pay the extra £6pp for the priority selection. Having already paid for ysyc (unknowingly) when we booked we thought that by the time we came to reserve our seats 7 days before there'd be nothing decent left.
we booked priority seats too as thought might not be able to get 6 together if we waited, i'm going to ring and confirm payment so i can relax
Also does anyone know what the advance passenger imformation thing is all about?? :think
API is information required by certain countries and must either be entered online or at the airport, the easiest and quickest way is online and then its done and out of the way.
thanks, just rang and got confirmation of payment
Glad that's all sorted for you. You can relax and count down now ;)
Yes im glad that was sorted out, i also hope you stop receiving the emails soon.
Wonder if anyone can help -

Looking to book our holiday on line with above company but can't find where it will tell me my luggage allowance. I also need to ensure I pay for booking seats together as my lovely daughter has learning difficulties and will freak if we are not all sat together. In the breakdown for the holiday cost sitting together charge has not been added but it wont give me the option to take it.

Any help is really appreciated because I wanted to book this and get it sorted out this weekend.

Thanks everyone

Ali x
Hi ali

Your luggage allowance should be 20kg unless stated otherwise.
I think you would have to phone Direct to add on seats together if the option is not available to book online....Caz
Hi Ali,

If you put your query in the seach bar it will bring up your answers.

http://www.directholidays.co.uk/contact-us/

Angie.
I'm not having much luck pricing up an Egyptian holiday for next April. The Travel Republic website's been playing up for days and now the Direct Holidays website is at it :duh I put Egypt, Sharm, Apr 18 2011 for 7 days from Cardiff in the search. Also selected AI. It came back with a list of hotels all at the same price of £1048pp. I know that they're not all supposed to be that price :que

I don't think I'm meant to go!!

Just re-checked the price and I made a mistake first time around. It wasn't £1048 pp for 1 week, it was £10,048pp :rofl I don't think they're going to be selling too many at that price.
Shirley - I just got a price on Direct Holidays site for £1,252 for 2 from Cardiff on that date - mind you that was 3 star AI - there were other holidays there though with higher star ratings. I have in the past found exactly the same problem as you with the DH site - £10K for a holiday in Spain etc which is clearly wrong.
thanks Meerkat,

I checked again last night and found the hotel I wanted for just over £1.300 for us both. First price came up again at £10,048 but once I clicked continue it gave the correct price. Now I'm debating whether to book it now or wait :think I'm tempted to book it before the weekend's out ;)
I've never known Easter /Egypt prices to go down shirley . Normally the other way .

I might have a look at flight prices again myself this weekend . The 2 older lads are undecided so think I will book the 3 of us and then if they decide later to come I will sort them out extra .

Probably a good price for easter package . 2/3 years ago I used to be able to do Easter week for around £500 per person but prices are getting silly now . I did price myself up DIY when we came back this year and it was working out out around £600 per adult DIY HSB doing flights with TR and booking direct with hilton . A little more more Flights & accomodation with TR. I bet I wont get it for that now .

What hotel is it you want ?
Try phoning them for a price. If they know you are serious about booking you may be able to negotiate a bit more off the price. I did this as the web price for my hol for next year wasn't offering much of a discount so I told them I wanted to book but that I felt the price quoted was too much and managed to get another £200 off :tup

Just to add - I posted on here a little while ago asking whether DH took Thomas Cook Worldwide Vouchers - just wanted to confirm they definately do - it actually lists DH on the back of the voucher and they also confirmed when I booked that they are accepted.
I did the same Nic . They gave me £50 off per person based on what they called a "clincher discount "
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.