Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Direct Holidays
716 Posts
Lexie
I'm thinking of heading to their office in Glasgow on Friday if receipt is not here.

Will be telling them no more payments until this merger is complete as we are all supposed to be getting Thomas Cook new ref numbers for holidays already booked , but alas you would think you could then go into local thomas cook and pay..... Not so

My local Thomas Cook branch say's no, Direct holidays say's yes

Wish I had gone with Freedom Direct now
Fiona
3 days ago I received a receipt for a holiday I have just booked and it had a different booking reference and the price was £280 more than the original cost :yikes

I phoned up DH and got transferred to customer service where after holding for 25 minutes I spoke to an operator who explained that all the DH / My Travel bookings were being transferred to Thomas Cook and that the invoice was just a basic invoice and they would send out another with all the costing including any reductions due.

The amended invoice arrived this morning with the correct price and now showing all the full details of the costing and requests made so all is good again :wink

This isn't really a merger it is more a takeover by Thomas Cook.

Oh and don't use the higher rate 0870 number that you may have for them, do what I did and use the local rate number and ask them to transfer you through to customer service - 0141 559 7000 this will save a bit on your phone bill.
Thanks Graham........I'll give that a try :)
why not go on web page?
you should be able to enter your booking ref to view your booking then if you wish, make payments as and when.
slight problem at the moment due to the merger means delays in making any payments, but to be retified soon

Mark
Mark,
I've tried the web page but it's unavailable at the moment.
My invoice came today from DH/ Thomas Cook and everything is correct and the money I paid has been deducted so everything seems fine :D
I have also booked with Direct Holidays, you can't pay online untill the end of Nov 07 according to a message they had on their web site due to their site being updated ? The only problems ive had with DH the flight times and dates keep changing, recently received a letter asking if i wanted to travel on the new date and flight or i could change flights free off charge or a FULL refund, i just went with the new date and flight but my final invoice did say flight times could be changed again and check your tickets when you receive them as no futher info would be sented to me. I recently paid via their web site and it took days sorry weeks to receive the payment,so i just pay in person in their office in person and the staff well i'll say no more :( ps i have noticed they haven't updated their web still showing old flight times and a different airline operating their flight from Belfast to Tunisia 2008 :roll:
Hi Haddy3
This is exactly what I am doing, going to their office in person to pay, that way I get a receipt there and then!!!
Being honest, I do not have much faith in this crowd to Deliver, hopefully once Thomas Cook takes them over, the service may improve but I have my doubts.....
fiona

P.S. Was told in their office yesterday not to look for paying online for 2-3 months! I know website say's different
I can't work out why my holiday booking has gone through so smoothly then :?
I went to their Glasgow office yesterday, (saturday), I got this number from them to make payments: 0141 559 7073

Personally, I'm going to go in each time as this way at least I will get a receipt, just no faith or trust in them at all.

Keep an eye on your flights too, as they are subject to change without YOU being told!

It is the Worst holiday company I have ever dealt with

Fiona
I do not have much faith in this crowd to Deliver, hopefully once Thomas Cook takes them over, the service may improve but I have my doubts.....

The problem is Thomas Cook.

DH was very good until Thomas Cook got a hold of it, things have gone a bit downhill since then, hopefully once the merger is complete they will be back to normal.
Can't say what they were like before as this is my first time booking with them. Don't think I'll be so keen to book with them again but maybe the actual holiday will make up for their dire customer service. Hope so anyway! Having said that I'm still waiting to find out whether I still have a holiday to go on.

Latest update...After sending 3 emails over the last 3 weeks and numerous attempts to phone them I finally managed to get through to flight management on Friday morning (called bang on 9.00 am when the lines opened and got through after 5 mins). Again they confirmed that my flight to Menorca next Aug is cancelled but they would need to speak to 'Transport Dept' to find out what the alternatives are that they can offer. Was promised a call back on Friday. You've guessed it...no call back. However, got a call Sat pm informing me that they are unable to transfer my booking to another flight at the moment due to a problem with accessing my details on the old system (something to do with the merger of the 2 systems). Was told she'd try again for me on Tues (today) and another call back has been promised...

Will let you know the outcome should they call.

Nic
Must be a lot to do with the merger we have had our last 9 holidays with dh in the last 6 years and never had a proob with anything flights or holidays hope it is only the merger as they are a good company to travel with and CHEAP :D :D :D

the fatboy
Fatboy
This may have been right for your last 9 holidays, but have you booked with them in the last 3 months???

Their staff leave a lot to be desired when it comes to manners and treating customers with respect, after all if it wasn't for the customers these cats wouldnt be in a job!

I have never dealt with such a c##p crowd until this one
Guess what...? They didn't call yesterday as promised. I work in customer service myself and even if I haven't been able to sort out a problem for a customer I at least have the courtesy to call back within the agreed time even if it's just to let them know I haven't forgotten them!

Am going to see if they call today if they don't it looks like I'll be back to trying to get them on the phone tomorrow...am dreading the phone bill when it comes in.

Nic
Have you thought the problem with the staff at DH at the moment might be, that with the merger they might not know if they are going to be in a job much longer :(
Yes I have thought that to be honest. In fact one of the staff I spoke to there told me that they've got staffing problems due to lots of people leaving. Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at the staff personally, when I have managed to speak to someone there they've been very pleasant in what I'm sure isn't a very comfortable situation at the moment. I think part of the problem is that companies clearly put the holidays on sale far too early when they can't possibly guarantee what it is the customer is booking, hence the problems with flight changes. All companies do this I know, and you can perhaps say it's to be expected because I booked early but when you have to pay an extortionate price due to school holidays then you don't have much choice. I've looked at their website now and there is very little choice left for the time I need to book and the prices have gone up considerably.

All of that said though, I don't think there's any excuse for not even acknowledging my emails and not calling back when promised, these are just the very basics of customer service...in my opinion.
FIONA booked my last holiday with them in july to benni with no probbs as for customer service again no probbs. as i said i think it has a lot to do with the merger or i hope so cause i have allways found them very friendly.

yours the fatboy
steve06, i understand where your coming from regarding dh staff and their future, that dosen't mean they have to be rude or unhelpfull with their customers. This is the first i have booked with them and don't think i would again.... no matter any time i have been in their office regarding flight changes etc their attitudes stinks, at the end of the day if they are changing flight times or changing your holiday a day earlier or later is that not up to them to let you know rather than you run after them :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.