Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Not stayed at the Dora, but know where they are, very central and get good reviews, the owner has the Panorama Taverna over the road and it is very good. St. George is a quiet resort, we stayed at the Blue Diamond Studios last year. Never had a bad meal at all. Plenty of reviews on http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk under Corfu. St George A-E. You will find info on the resort there too. Hope this helps
Stayed here last year. Lovely apartments, quite small but lovely and clean. Twin beds with small kitchen area and bathroom with a shower. You can hire a fan from the pool bar. There is a nice pool and a bar which also kind of acts like a reception.
Really central to everything, the main street is just at the bottom of the lane. The owners of the apartments also own the Panaroma Restaurant and the Al Pacino bar, which are also great.
Would recommend these apartments.
Hi There

I have just returned from the Dora.

They are great apartments to stay at!! I was there twice last year aswell.

You'll love it. They have just installed air conditioning which is charged at 6 Euros a day. This is not compulsary! They have also installed safety deposit boxes available at 1 Euro a day.

If you need anymore info please contact me. I have wrote a mini review of the village which is posted in the forum titled ATM in St George.

Regards

Tamara
P.S. Say hi to heather for me (She runs the pool bar)
Hi
thanks for the replies, we've not heard anything negative about these apartments :D
We've heard the beach is very nice and close by the apts...any feedback on beaches ? 8)
thanks again,
Paula and Steve :) :)
Advice on tavernas, bars & restaurants! Where do I start?!?

There is plenty of choice but I do have my favourites.

La Goudia is fantastic bar, all full of green trees etc. There is an outside area aswell as inside. They have a huge TV outside where you can watch film of the day in the afternoon. This is great if you want to get out of the midday heat. At night they have a quiz on selected nights where you can win free watersports. It can go from one extreme to another, some nights busy, some quiet. You will not be short of a drink though even when its busy as they have people serving you at your table. The best bit of this bar is the 2 greek brothers that own it. George and Akis. There fantastic - They have known me for 18Years!! This is generally the bar we spend the most time it and they dont have a shut down time!!

Last year a new place opened 20 metres down called Al Pacino's that was busy later a night if you like that kind of thing.

The first restaurant I would recommend is Panorama. This is next to the ATM and does the best Steak, EVER. Sometimes the meat isnt great in Corfu but you wont go wrong with the Steak at this restaurant. Its even better with the mushroom sauce. Although a little pricier than the rest of restaurants but your on holiday after all and I believe you get what you pay for.

The Balcony restaurant is also a fantastic choice. The best Spaghetti Carbonara!! The waiters are great with children and sing when there working. The owner Dimitri is very welcoming but it does get very busy! This is also very reasonably priced. Just before The Balcony is Sebastian's. They have the best Kleftiko and your sat in a garden. They took over this place last year and the food was great, they just were not very busy which was a shame for them but we ate there 3 times to 2 weeks.

If you fancy a gyros Pitta Kebab one night head down the The Chicken House. This is just past the ATM. Me and my husband used to sometimes call in here at 2am after a few cocktails.

You cant really go wrong with any restaurants - they are all lovely and the food is always great as is the service. All restaurants also cater for children and most will also do a childs portion of a main meal. I remember my younger brother always used to have Lamb Chops at The Balcony.

For a great Fish Restaurant go to Makis. This is just passes the ATM an Panorama. They have fresh fish in a little fishing boat at the front of the restaurant and you pick what you want. They also have lobsters inside. I recommend the Garlic King Prawns here. This is run by Makis and his wife!!

Everything in St George is on 1 long strip and they have now made pavements so alot better for buggy's etc.

The beach is fantastic - really clean and plenty of deck chairs. There is a lovely restaurant further down by the beach call San Carlos. This is THE BEST PLACE in the village to watch the sun go down!!

I hope you find this information useful.

Anything else please ask!!

P.S. When are you going?
Hi tcananagh
Thanks very much for Taverna advice ! We are going on 12th September this year and cant wait!
We have been to Corfu before but never to this resort, but after seeing all the reviews it sounds perfect for us.
Do youknow the Dora Apartments? If you do, how close to the beach are they?
Thanks again, will post something when we get back :)
Paula & Steve
The beach is right beside these apartments. You can either walk to your left or right when you get on the main road and you are there.
We used the beach nearest which you could get onto at the side of the Stamatis Bar.
Just booked to go in September.Can anyone tell me how flat it is around the apartments and on the way to the beach as one review said there was a climb involved.One of our party is not great on her feet and we would like to be prepared if there is going to be any problems.
hello Hurdler
We stayed at the Dora Studios last September and just to let you know that it isnt hilly there and the beach is just a few minutes away. There is a better beach further along which is up a hill, but the day we went there we had hired a car which made it easier to access.
We really enjoyed our stay at Dora Apts - the pool is lovely and was very quiet in September so we are sure you will enjoy it there !
Have a lovely time :D
Paula and Steve
Thanks for the info.Is the beach that is only a few minutes away decent or is it not so good.
We have these studio's listed but no reviews yet :cry: If anyone has stayed here please add your review by Clicking Here

Many Thanks 8)
Hi again Hurdler
The beach near the apartments is ok if you walk along to the right of it - its about a 10 min walk to there, whereas the beach immediately as you approach it is a bit rocky and not as nice. Dont worry though, its a lovely place to go and we really enjoyed it there! The apartments are very nice too, very clean etc. Say hello to Heather for us - she looks after Dora apts and is English and is very friendly and helpful ! Enjoy your holiday.
Paula & Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.