General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
We're going to Tenerife at Easter 8) Yes, Easter is very early in 2008, but the weather should be OK, in previous years there have been blazing heatwaves in the Canaries in March (followed by rain in April when we've been there :? ) This year we spent Easter (first two weeks in April 2007) in Fuerteventura and it was lovely, a bit of cloud now and again, but still very hot during the day. Highly recommended if the budget doesn't stretch further afield.
I did consider Mexico or Cuba, but was put off by the fact that none of the hotels anywhere in the Caribbean seem to do rooms with three seperate beds - they all have two "queensize" beds. I'm travelling with two teenagers, boy and girl, and nobody wants to share a bed with anyone! :shock:
Morocco. Brilliant country, wonderful people, scenery and food. Weather on Atlantic coast liable to be fine. 4 hour flight.
Thailand. Great time to visit Phuket or Krabi or both.
we too are going to tenerife at easter, expecting good weather, but, hey, ho, we will still have a great time if it rains ! ( hope not ! )
Red sea . lovely time to go . sun every day temps probably mid twenties to early thirties. they dont get rain at any time of year dont think. we have been the last two easters running :D . quality hotels at affordable prices . very popular there now :D

lyn
Would have to be Mexico- great weather, lovely hotels and loads to see and do.

Pam :D
Another vote for The Red Sea!!!!!!

We were there last Feb and the weather was Fab!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks everyone!
That's given me lots of ideas, esp as the weather seems to be good in som many parts of the world in March.
I'll have to do some serious investigating.
Stupid question: what sort of costs are you talking for a couple in a medium rated hotel for a week? And for the likes of Thailand, Mexico Goa, Egypt are you best to go AI?
( Have been to Morocco & agree it's a great destination)
No AI in Thailand most places are room only or B&B... its cheap to eat out.
There are many great A/Is in Egypt at great prices. The red sea though is generally a chilled out destination. Sharm el shiek is probably the most popular destination and its a very large area .most A/Is are outside of Naama bay which is the main resort area with bars/shops etc or old sharm town in the ras em sid area of sharm. you probably wouldnt pay a lot more for one of these hotels than you would for a half board/b+B in Naama bay. prices are great value for either and whilst I have always stayed a/i when there I gather prices are very cheap to eat out if you want to be in Naama bay. There are also smaller resorts like taba heights, marsa Alam, hurghada, nuweiba and el gouna . hotels are generally a bit cheaper in those resorts . El gouna I believe has a resort area which sounds lovely and Hurghada it pretty busy too .

hope that helps .
I've stayed at two hotels in the Sinai Peninsula, Egypt and would recommend either.

The CONRAD, SHARM is a twenty minute bus/taxi ride from Naama Bay. I've stayed there twice and will be doing so again. Reviews HERE. Conrad thread HERE.
Bookable with ECLIPSE and FIRST CHOICE.

The SWISSCARE, NUWEIBA is situated further up the Sinai Peninsula and is ideal for a totally chilled out holiday with personal service. Reviews HERE. Swisscare thread HERE. Bookable with LONGWOODS or DIY.

Pippy :D
P.S Useful climate charts in my post in THIS thread.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.