France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Eating in Nice.
4 Posts
I've been to Nice twice & never found it overly expensive to eat out. Definitely cheaper than here in Belfast. The poor exchange rate will have a difference but I don't think it'll be too bad. Choose carefully: all menus are displayed outside so no unpleasant surprises.
There are many good restaurants in the old town around the Cours Saleya & also along the Rue Massinet ( the long pedestrian shopping street.........I think that's its name!)
One restaurant that we thought was excellent & good value was the Barracuda on Rue Mayerbeer near the Palais de la Mediteranee hotel, but you probably need to book.
Hope that's helpful. Nice is a fabulous city for a short or long break. There's so much to see in the surrounding area.
You'll have a great time....you lucky thing! ;)
Thanks got back yesterday and guess what ate a the barracuda and was 1st class also found a sicillian restaurant just off rue gournod called coreleone( as in the godfather) You are right about some prices went to have a drink in one of the bars on the sea front and they wanted 28euros for a glass of wine !!!
would recommend Nice to anyone it is super and will deffo be going back :cheers
Whoops! :duh Didn't notice the date of your post, but delighted you had such a great time. And what a coincidence re the Baracuda!!
You've put me in the notion for a return visit! ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.