Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Sorry,wrong forum,should be turkey forum.
moved across the sea to Turkey forum
Oscarben
you don't say which resort you're staying in, that may make a difference but we stayed in Turgutreis late June this year and the local agents were charging around £50 - £55 for the 2 day trip.
Tour operators were almost double that price.
We're staying in Marmaris,I hadn't thought of differences in price depending on where you're staying,thanks for the tip,about tour operators being nearly double,we'll shop around.
My OH paid 90ytl for the one day trip (at the time about £36) from Icmeler - she said it was worth it with all the meals included but it was a long day. She was collected at 6-30am and didn't get home until about 9-45 pm.

Dave
Thanks,I think I might prefer that as we are only going for a week.T.
Oscarben
we paid £24 for the one day Ephesus trip from a local agent.
I'm not sure if Marmaris is nearer to Ephesus than Turgutreis.
On the Bodrum Peninsular, all the Ephesus tours go Wednesday & Saturday.

As tutor52 says, it is a very long day, we were picked up at 6am and got back around 7:45pm.

Be warned:
Ephesus is hellishly hot and busy - take a hat and sun cream.
You'll probably spend around 2.5 hours at the site and that will probably be in the hottest part of the day. BUT it IS fabulous.

For the price I quoted a buffet lunch is included, we found it quite good but drinks are expensive - 7tl for Efes.
Entrance fees are also included.
They also stop for breakfast if you want it, not included in the price.

One thing to consider:
if you book with a local tour company, you'll get multi-lingual guides. Ours was just English and Russian.
Great,thanks,we don't go until October so it may be cooler then,I always take a cool bag so will take plenty of water.also plenty of suncream.
so will take plenty of water
:duh
forgot the most important thing - WATER!!!!

There's places to buy water before you go in and again when you come out.
The coaches also sell small bottles of water - you won't pay supermarket prices though. LOL

Because we arrived at Ephesus around 11:30, it was after 2pm before we actually got lunch so maybe take a snack if you don't have breakfast..
I believe OH booked with Alka Tour and it included all meals - probably why it was a bit more expensive!

Yes - take loads of water!!

I believe the 2day excursion also takes in a trip to Pammakale - another place worth visiting.

Dave
Thanks to both of you,I'm really looking forward to our holiday,never been to Marmaris before,T.
Prices for the two day tour from Icmeler (Next to Marmaris) are £65 per person. I understand that the two day tours leave on a Thursday and Sunday from here.

Dave
Thanks,will try and book as soon as we arrive.
We went from Kussadi last summer which is much closer a great day out but i must back others up on here and stress WATER WATER lol its very hot and once inside you cant buy water till you get out the other side so have plenty to hand , have a great holiday .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.