Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Muastafa

Try here

GW
Personelly I thought it was a bit hectic in Calangute. I would reccomend Candolim. It's a bit more sedate but still has a good range of facilities.
MCB is right Candolim will suit your needs better, Allan.
I agree candolim would be a better choice for first timers.

I remember staying in Candolim and taking a taxi up to Calangute & Baga Beach for the first time after being there a couple of days.

It comes as a bit of a surprise.
I would have to disagree, I think this area would be fine for the ladies in question. Where the Donna Terezinha is situated, its not anywhere near the main hustle of Calangutes main street, there are several similar hotels nearby , lots of eating spots, two good supermarkets. It's just down Holiday Road to the beach with several great shacks, Fishemans, Johneys, Jolly Jacks, to name a few, and the big bonus you dont have a long trek over the sand to get from the shacks to your sunbed and the sea as you do in Candolim We also find the taxidrivers and shopowners much less pushy in this area than in Candolim, and all in all, a great location for them if they are new to Goa Alan
I'll pass that bit of positive opinion on Gramps.

Thank you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.